The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #226
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

And it worked? My game crashed, had to force it to close. =/

Might try it again...
Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #227
Vegetto
Alive

of course I did that, worked fine, just make sure to remove all your addons or they'll conflict

hah, I bet your talking about rebuilding the audio cache arent you, just stays spinning forever, well it's fine, you just type /quit in the console to close the game, start it back up and it'll be fine, audio will work n all
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #228
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Yeah, it was that. >.< Awesome, can't wait to give it another try then with all the stuff enabled.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #229
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

I've been meaning to get this for awhile. Will play it this week for sure. I saw the video and it looked like it had the potential to be the best campaign ever (no joke) due to the alternate paths and the like.

Congrats on getting on their main page guys!

[Edit] It took awhile to get it going 100% (sound, particle effects) but WOW! I think this is probably the best campaign in the series. I constantly got lost on my first (and so far only) run through and I was thinking "this sucks...it too complicated" but in hindsight, it's awesome. There are so many little flourishes (fireflies are awesome) that make the scenery too gorgeous to not look at.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4

Last edited by Drunken Savior; 06-23-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #230
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

It is up there with the Valve-made maps for sure. No Mercy will always be the best though
Old 06-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #231
Alucard

These guys have made their own X-com/UFO game. They'd made public releases for a while so head on over if you're curious.

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/News
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #232
Alucard

Heres another Portal fan mod

http://games.on.net/file/35544/Portal_Pro_v1.0

Quote:
Portal Pro is a set of test chambers focusing on solving puzzles locally rather than using complex fling techniques. The goal here is that the solutions are hard to come up with but easy to actually do.

Portal Pro 1.0: This is my first release of this mod. It is complete, but may contain some bugs or issues. Read details for installation and additional information:

Portal Pro 1.0

Features:

* Over 30 levels
* Behind the scenes areas
* Secret test chambers
* Fewest portals challenges
* Custom dialog
* Custom music

Installation:

1. Extract the zip.
2. Move the Portal Pro folder into your steam SourceMods folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods).
3. Restart steam and Portal Pro should be in your games list.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #233
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Thank you for posting this, I am loving it so far. I think it's better than Portal Prelude on some levels.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #234
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I ragequitted them both.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #235
Alucard

Thats cause you play too many console games. Your skill level has dropped!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #236
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Ahh bull. The console campaign had the same levels with a higher difficulty from having to use a controller. If anything he should be ready for the pain.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 07-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #237
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Is the last level solvable? I ask because I wonder if it's not just a stop point rather than an actual ending because I don't even see where I'm supposed to go.

I don't want to look up a walkthrough on the last level after getting trough all the rest on my own but I don't want to waste my time looking for something that isn't there. So if anybody knows if it is solvable I'd appreciate an answer without spoilers.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #238
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Ok never mind I found what was hiding from me. Deffinatly a full level.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #239
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Thanks again for the Portal Pro link Al. I enjoyed it tons more than Portal Prelude though they are both excellent.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:09 AM   #240
Alucard

If you own Unreal 3, this is a mod that turns the game into a Terminator recreation. Its only in alpha at the moment but theres a video at the link showing what they've got in action so far.

http://www.moddb.com/games/fps-terminator/videos