The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-03-2006, 10:08 PM   #46
Alucard

SOME girl animes are fine. But MAJORITY are really poor and shallow. Lemme think of a good one...hmm.... Ok I'll have to get back to you on that cause I'm being bugged to fucking hell by my sisters annoying voice reading **** to her husband in this room and ARGH! I didnt really enjoy Mai Hime too much, but I think you'd like it and its far better then 3/4 of the stuff you have there.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #47
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Ippo fucking owns. So does Godannar if you like robot anime. I'm not a big fan of One Piece, but Naruto is very good up to the last story line before the 40 eps of filler crap started which I dont bother watching. Bleach has Kenshin syndrome. Watch the first 5-6 to get the hang of it, then SKIP to episode 30 and watch onwards for awesomeness.
good to see another ippo fan. how far did you get in onepiece? the series wasn't that great up to about episode 30 but after it was the best out of the big three (OP, naruto, bleach). Well for me at least.

Last edited by naruto_sensei; 01-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.
naruto_sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #48
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

i think you should check out ghost in the shell for somethin wit intellectual value <i base this off of some of the deep philosophical convorsations b/t the tachikomas>... but if you want somethin wit deep relationships,albeit not the center of the anime, check out s-CRY-ed it has a few complex relationships, an is funny an full of action :cool guy:
Old 01-04-2006, 01:40 AM   #49
Alucard

Only watched a few episodes of One piece. I just couldnt get into it. Though I have heard it gets better after 30 aswell. Scryed is very cool. I'm also not a huge fan of ghost in the shell. Its just overly done and it doesnt impress me. Its the same 'deep meaning' over and over again just said differently. God knows the second film bored the hell out of me, and I love films with mostly talking. Just this series has a habit of telling you the same thing again and again. bah!

Going on older series I'd recommend Fushigi Yuugi. I always did enjoy that one quite a bit. If you can get your hands on Irresponsible Captain Tylor, go for it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #50
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

aight well how about saiyuki then its funny an got some good fights....

totally random----> i wonder if i should start trainin to do parkour
Old 01-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #51
Seraph
>:3

HEY!, we got a whole nother thread dedicated to all that onepeice/narto/bleach/bezerk talk! keep it outta this one will ya.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #52
Seraph

I just finished Ichigo100% last night. I really enjoyed it, although the anime dosent end it like usual. guess I have to add another manga-to-read to my list.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #53
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
HEY!, we got a whole nother thread dedicated to all that onepeice/narto/bleach/bezerk talk! keep it outta this one will ya.
you say this then you start talkin about anime/manga that you just finished with... so what is it stop or keep goin????
Old 01-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #54
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

he didn't say all anime just onepiece/ naruto/bleach/ berserk. seraph seems to have a phobia of popular anime. It's like he wants to avoid them no matter what, even if he sometimes has to watch worse anime in the end.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #55
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

lol... well then the animes ive brought up so far don count as bein in her collection or the extremely popular side so mine are all good i guess...
Old 01-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #56
Seraph

What? I hate popular series? What was I thinking when i got LoveHina and Sailor Moon.

Its more like, im sick of everyone talking about those 4 as if they are the only animes that have ever exsisted. We have only one thread for anime and its flooded with posts about them. When somebody like me trys to talk about another anime it usually gets completly ignored and/or goes on for about half a page before were back to talking about Naruto. Me and Sobakasu were talking about KareKano for a bit, before conversation got drowned out by more Bleach talk.

Everytime i pop my head in that thread, 95% of the time its

"yeah, i just watched the latest episode, i cant beliveso and so died and killed him"

As if you guys have to discuss the finer points of every single episode.

I guess i kinda am resentful becasue i know i cant be the only one who likes Shojo animes.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #57
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by da missinlink
....as bein in her collection or the....
ok, i had to double post for this, do i REALLY give off that impression?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #58
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

ya you kind do, like your nick, avatar, and how you like shoujo anime and stuff. but I've seen seraph in the post your pic thread and I can asure you that he's a man.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #59
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

lol my bad its been a long break for me... i was sick throughout the holidays which ruined any plans i had so ive been kinda out there an sayin random things... but well it also has somethin to do wit the fact that most of the anime you watch is what my friends lil sister watches
Old 01-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #60
Seraph

What if this whole time i was a woman