The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #31
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
i downloaded the game the other night but didnt install it, today i did do so, and boy this is one BADASS fps.. this is how DOOM 3 should have been like! ive had some crazy things happen to me so far lol. example: helocopter comes in to drop drops, i have nothing left but my plasma rifle.. first two guys that came down were killed with one bolt
Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #32
George Foreman

Yay 50 hours to go!!!!!!! This will be the first PC game I've played in five years. Will this be taxing on my computer if I have 61.1 GB and will my computer be able to run it with a decent old graphics card?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #33
Seska
Slurp

Be a little more specific. :p For decent performance, youd need at least 512 ram, a 2 ghz processor and a decent high end GF4/9600 ATI card. With that kind of a rig you should be able to play with most of the pretty options on low/off. The game is a very huge resource hog, and take in mind that being the demo, the code isnt 100% optimized. Still, considering that the game is due out in only a few months, they are probably finishing the optimizing process and moving onto Bughunting and QA.

To make sure which options to switch on/off or at what setting, check a detailed tewak guide:

http://www.tweakguides.com/FEAR_1.html
Old 08-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #34
George Foreman

Ok, I think my computer sucks(for games).
I got a Intel Pentium III 850 MHz processor, 504 MB of RAM, and a Trident Video Accerlerator Blade 3D(32 bit) (60Hz).
Old 08-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #35
Alucard

Dude, you're running on technology that was even dated when the psx came out.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #36
Anthrax

Single player demo is runs much better than the FEAR MP beta. I'm hoping that the multiplayer will run as good as the single player.
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 PM   #37
George Foreman

Well the only reason I have this computer is that my dad bought that Pentium III processor and it was too fast for our other one so he just bought some cheap parts and put it together.

And whats a good laptop for playing games?

Last edited by George Foreman; 08-09-2005 at 11:28 PM.
George Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:58 AM   #38
Seska
Slurp

Laptops aint good for playing games. :p Unless you want to pay double the price of what it would cost you to get a decent desktop rig, that is.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:34 AM   #39
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
well actually there is "one" decent laptop out there, costs about eh 2200ish bucks but very powerful, its a zv8000 series hp laptop, customized of course, but VERY NICE, i bought 3!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:46 AM   #40
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Did anybody else nearly piss their pants at that part where you moving to go down the ladder and that f'ing girl appears right there giggling... not ot meantion that very Max Payne like Hallway moment.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #41
Nindalf

That's the reason why I don't think I will buy this game. I'm too much of a wuss to play these games. Stupid girl, what the hell is her problem?
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:46 AM   #42
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Foreman
Well the only reason I have this computer is that my dad bought that Pentium III processor and it was too fast for our other one so he just bought some cheap parts and put it together.

And whats a good laptop for playing games?

heres yer monster

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 AM   #43
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
That's the reason why I don't think I will buy this game. I'm too much of a wuss to play these games. Stupid girl, what the hell is her problem?

Maybe they'll put in a feature where if you shoot her in the head, gold coins pop out of it for you to collect.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 AM   #44
Seska
Slurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade X
Did anybody else nearly piss their pants at that part where you moving to go down the ladder and that f'ing girl appears right there giggling... not ot meantion that very Max Payne like Hallway moment.
The part with the Ladder/Girl didnt freak me much, I almost was expecting something to happen in that suspiciously empty area, so when she appeared, I was like "hah, thought so, lets move on". Then when I get to the bottom of the ladder and turn left, FREAKY SHADOW GUY shrieks in my face and BAMFS. Scared the hell outta me.

I see what you did there, Monolith. Nice one. Creepy girl makes you think theres no scares coming for a while, and WAHM, heart attack in your face. Bastards.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:30 AM   #45
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Maybe they'll put in a feature where if you shoot her in the head, gold coins pop out of it for you to collect.
I have a sneaking suspicion that I am being mocked, but nevertheless, that seems like a plot to an awesome game.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote