The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-16-2005, 02:31 AM   #1
Alucard

World of Warcraft European Sales

Quote:
Blizzard Entertainment today announced that World of Warcraft has become an overnight success in Europe, achieving record-breaking sales in its first 24 hours since the game launched on Friday, 11th February. World of Warcraft, the company's subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), has sold-through an estimated 280,000 copies at retail on day-one, selling more units in one day than what was previously thought to be the overall cumulative size of the European MMORPG market. This figure rose to more than 380,000 units being sold-through by the end of the first weekend.

More than 290,000 players created World of Warcraft accounts during the first weekend, and 100,000 of those were playing the game concurrently on the first day. A first time ever peak concurrency of over 180,000 players in Europe was reached during the first weekend. To support the European launch, Blizzard deployed over 80 servers at the World of Warcraft data centres in Paris and Frankfurt; additional servers are on standby as new players subscribe to the game.

One doesnt need to be reminded exactly how popular Blizzard are in the PC scene for many many years. They know where their fanbase is!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Wow. Thats impressive. Now, id like to know FFXI's numbers to be able to compare. I really have to look more into detail on this game, but the thing is im not a Warcraft fan at all
Old 03-06-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Dont need to be a Warcraft fan. Just got to love a good game or love MMORPGs

(>^_^)>
ChaosX721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #4
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosX721
Dont need to be a Warcraft fan. Just got to love a good game or love MMORPGs
Wittle that down, you just gotta love a great game with a great story. I can't wait to see what Blizzard will do in the upcoming months with WoW and I'm hoping for a expansion pack to be announce... along course them telling us that Starcraft II is in development.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade X
Wittle that down, you just gotta love a great game with a great story. I can't wait to see what Blizzard will do in the upcoming months with WoW and I'm hoping for a expansion pack to be announce... along course them telling us that Starcraft II is in development.
I hope its Starcraft. They can always patch up WoW with new items skills and stuff like that.

(>^_^)>
Old 03-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #6
Newtype

If you check on their site there are still a few things they wish to implement - Hero classes was one that caught my attention.
Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #7
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtype
If you check on their site there are still a few things they wish to implement - Hero classes was one that caught my attention.
Hero class. hummm... i hope its better then the warrior class. Warrior class is boring to lvl up when you can lvl a Hunter, Pally, and Rogue which are about the same as a warrior but 10 times better. Hunters get a pet and can just own with bow, Pallys can speed up their atks and heal them selfs, and rogues can use stealth and fun atks. Warriors get ok atks and not many skills to use or play with.

(>^_^)>
Old 03-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #8
Newtype

It's not just one class I think there will be several just like WC3.
Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #9
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Oh then that will be nice.

(>^_^)>