The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Looks awesome.

Halo 2 kind of kills the other images.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #17
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
They look really good...but what do the same games look like beside their DX9 versions? And what other benefits can it create (better physics, environmental destruction, model damage etc.)?

I wonder how the 360/PS3 versions of some of those games will look?

I'm sure there'll be alot more environmental damage going on ingames, lighting will be unreal, lots of stuff will move, physics will definately be better. I think to get an idea of what dx10 games will look like on a console, just grab one of the many pc games and look at their xbox conversions. lololol
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #18
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Physics are underrated I think. Dropping a couple hundred crystals in a small house in Oblivion and then hitting them with a staff with area damage and just watching the mass chaos that ensued was a minor joygasm for me.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #19
Alucard

You want to see proper physics, get Dark Messiah when it comes out in a couple weeks. You'll see what you can do with physics from a REAL developer.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #20
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Haha DM? I thought that games physics were a joke. Well, unless you were playing on the moon.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #21
Vegetto
Alive

so you'd prefer scripted events instead of a random occurence??

wow thats dumb

good physics make games 10X more enjoyable to me

and yeah DM physics are kinda wacky IMO, a bit over the top
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #22
Alucard

Are we talking about the same dark messiah here? Everything is normal in it. Not sure what you're on about.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #23
sharky~
Out Run Master!

As much as Flight Sims bore me... WOW.. or maybe they just copy pasted some
Google Earth images ;p
Old 10-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #24
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Are we talking about the same dark messiah here? Everything is normal in it. Not sure what you're on about.
The one and only. That game as humorously bad physics. its like no character has weight to them and anything can be broken with a kick of your foot. Even solid wood pillars. And picking up a heavy wooden craft is no problem. You can even throw it effortlessly across the room. Like your super man. The game is neat and its cool they added such stuff but it is in no way a example of how in game physics should be. Much like its 4 year old AI.

Last edited by Reality; 10-11-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #25
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
The one and only. That game as humorously bad physics. its like no character has weight to them and anything can be broken with a kick of your foot. Even solid wood pillars. And picking up a heavy wooden craft is no problem. You can even throw it effortlessly across the room. Like your super man. The game is neat and its cool they added such stuff but it is in no way a example of how in game physics should be. Much like its 4 year old AI.

That actually sounds right up my alley. It's more chaos than accurate physics simulation that I like.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #26
Reality
Sin and Punishment

You'll have a blast with the AI then. I put 2 arrows into a guy and he just kept walking on his patrol.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #27
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Ok that's pretty retarded.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #28
Seraph
>:3

oh man, that reminds me of goldeneye days. Sniping a guy in the leg, watching him scream and grab his leg, then 5 seconds later return to his guard position like nothing had happened at all. not to mention his freinds didnt budge while they watched all this happen.

good times.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #29
Kiryu1985
Communist

Is there a chance that some of those pictures could be photoshoped, or is there no such thing in the PC world?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #30
Alucard

PC usually dont photoshop. At least I cant recall any. I can recall a crapload of console games that did it though. As for Dark Messiah, dont think of you are being the character. The guy is STRONG. You dont even know whats in those crates. Could just be a crapload of hay and some bottles or meat. They dont have to weight 30pounds. And the AI was fine. I had two guys charge me and while one was hitting me from the front the other tried circling me and they alternated their attacks. The distance arrow thing was a different story though. Its like the guy couldnt see where the arrow was coming from so he'd get excited for a bit and then settle down. One cool thing though, fighting little goblins and when it was evident they were going to lose they fled like cowards yelling for help.

Game has good idea with some slight weird stuff. Its better then most of the **** around that gets praises.