The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
Decado

Call of Duty 1 and Freespace 2.

How is the Call of Duty single player campaign? Is it worth buying/playing the game just for the single player version? What about single player mods/TCs? Anything worth while?

Has anyone tried the Source Code Project mods for Freespace 2 (or the project itself)? I heard there was some going stuff going on for Freespace 2 and have been checking on the Hard Light website and forums...and there is something like 10 massive projects underway At a glance, modding for this game looks like it easily rivals Half-Life (these ain't no prissy multiplayer maps).
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
Alucard

Call of Duty 1 is a brilliant game. A far cry from the RANCID crap of the sequel. The russian stages are unreal. Also if you get the chance, play Pacific Assault. Another top quality WW2 game but in the east, and with squad command. Brilliant game.

Theres a few Freespace mods out there. I know theres a robotech one. But I'm waiting for the Battlestar Galactica mod thats in the works. Just wish they'd finish it already.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Decado

Great. But are you talking single player (CoD)? I don't really care about multiplayer.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
Alucard

Yes single. I multiplay very few specific games. Mainly counter strike and Battlefield 2 since they're made for multiplayer.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
Decado

Cool. I think I'll buy it (should run pretty well on my current PC). Are there any single player mods you recommend for it?
Old 06-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Alucard

I never really looked up mods for it. The game was excellent enough on its own. And you could always save the money and just download it. Unless you can find it pretty cheap.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Decado

I dislike pirating PC games. Viruses abound and it makes it sketchy when you try and use patches and mods for them. I can afford $20 Cdn if the game is worth it.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
Alucard

If you download from torrents then theres no viruses. 100% safe. People wont seed torrents if theres viruses in them.