The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 AM   #46
Alucard

Who's up for 'pull the leg off the turnip' round?
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #47
George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalSolace2
IS it the zv8000 or the zd8000 because I only found the zd8000 when I looked it up and it was about one thousand something.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #48
Alucard

A laptop that only costs a thousand will be very poor for games. But honestly, if you want to play games then buy a desktop pc. Better and cheaper.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #49
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
The part with the Ladder/Girl didnt freak me much, I almost was expecting something to happen in that suspiciously empty area, so when she appeared, I was like "hah, thought so, lets move on". Then when I get to the bottom of the ladder and turn left, FREAKY SHADOW GUY shrieks in my face and BAMFS. Scared the hell outta me.

I see what you did there, Monolith. Nice one. Creepy girl makes you think theres no scares coming for a while, and WAHM, heart attack in your face. Bastards.
Yeah i shot that guy to the face with three nails...
When i was running through the demo for my friends i ran past him (knowing he was there) so fast that my friends were like why didnt u shoot him!!

The best thing i have ever done was knock a guy over with a proxity mine, and went slow-mo as he stood up. While he was on all fours i went behond him and shoved a grenade up his ass. He was like Oh SSSSHHHHHHIIIIITTTTTTTTT! Then he turned into nothing but an arm and blood splatters!

Another cool moment was the scene right after the stairs, i pulled some of the enemies to the stairs by head shotting their friend. When they got to the stairwell (me being at the top) i slow-mo'd again jumped down with the combat shotgun and blasted them. the dude was like FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK. And i shot him in the head and left nothing but 2 arms and blood splatter. And the other 3 guys ran away using blind fire screaming MAN DOWN.

Ive beaten this demo like 12 times. i might have logged 6 hours on it. Slow mo + FPS + foul language + insane physics + violence = best game for having fun!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #50
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
well the zd8000 when customized will come in around 2100$ and can easyly play hl2, with high details getting avg 50fps. i bought one to check em out, cause my real esate boss had one, so i bought a newer ver, 3.4ghz, 1024 ddr2 sdram(ddr3 not sure) 100Gig hdd 4500rpm (used to have a 80GB at 7200, but guess they noticed they were too cheap) also you can upgrade the 128mb x600 to a 256mb x600 ati card for 25$'s
Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #51
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

or you could a buy a desktop version of that with better crap for 1g. I choose desktop! (And better crap being better graphics card.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #52
Nano Fox

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
well this rig i got right here costed me about eh? 2220$ and it came with a free 21" widescreen LCD, yes it came free..
3.0ghz which is dual proccessors running, my video card is running about 533mhz, and the system came with windows media edition i watch and record cable tv on the bloody thing.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 AM   #53
rgmxp
That-whats-his-face-guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
A laptop that only costs a thousand will be very poor for games. But honestly, if you want to play games then buy a desktop pc. Better and cheaper.
My friend had one of those top of the line Toshiba Satellite laptop that we gamed through the entire winter break, was nice to use throughout the winter. But I'd definitely stay away from it the rest of the year
rgmxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:40 AM   #54
Nano Fox

now can you resist something so nice and big? aside the gurl.. you freaks.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:21 AM   #55
Alucard

Stop it. You're arousing pantymon.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #56
Pantymon
Gotta get em all

Get that Granny off my screen!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #57
Kozmo
Experience the Kozmotion

Can anyone tell me the minimum system requirements for this game?