The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Exclamation City of Villains!

City Of Villians I think its a great idea. I mean sometimes you get bored of being the good guy and you just want to be the one with the evil plane of taking over the world in the game for once and not the guy who is trying to save it from hurm. I dont know too much about it but i hope they make it so ppl who are playing on CoH can fight ppl in CoV and have big PvP raids or something fun like that. CoH won the bext character design and i hope its as good in CoV. What you guys think?

(>^_^)>
ChaosX721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #2
Alucard

I played the beta for City of Heroes a while back and the game is pretty cool. However I didnt sign up to it because it felt like it was missing something. When I saw the info for City of Villains, well...it instantly went back onto my list. The Villains pack is going to bring alot of BIG FUN to the game. Definately worth signing up for. If I werent whoring myself on EQ2 at the moment.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I played the beta for City of Heroes a while back and the game is pretty cool. However I didnt sign up to it because it felt like it was missing something. When I saw the info for City of Villains, well...it instantly went back onto my list. The Villains pack is going to bring alot of BIG FUN to the game. Definately worth signing up for. If I werent whoring myself on EQ2 at the moment.
Alucard, does EQ2 got shadowknights still? and if they do, how are they?. Loved them in EQ1, and miss them in WoW
Old 03-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Yeah the same thing with me. CoH looked cool and fun but i didnt want to be a hero so i just waited for to get WoW. But now i see they are coming out with CoV then i think i might check it out but lets see how well it does.

(>^_^)>
ChaosX721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

I've gotten back into City of Heroes again. It's really such a great game and very well done. I love the fact that the people working on it actually put some effort into improving the game and fixing bugs, unlike so many other MMORPGs I've played. The Arena issue is coming up and that will add in Hero vs Hero, Team vs Team, and Supergroup vs Supergroup battles. It's a way to help them see how PvP runs before adding in City of Villians, which I'll hopefully get into beta testing for. I do know that all PvP will be done with permission from players, so you won't have level 50 Heroes running around beating on level 10 villians. I would imagine that they take place in two different parts of the city, and that there will be certain zones that are open for combat between certain levels and such.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Reko8

When I actually get another PC...I can actually play some MMORPG's that interested me since released but I brainwashed myself to forget about them so I didnt think about how I cant play them. But COH interests me alot but I like being a hero more than a villian because every time I go evil I cry (not literally)
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #7
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee
Alucard, does EQ2 got shadowknights still? and if they do, how are they?. Loved them in EQ1, and miss them in WoW
They're in EQ2 but I'm not sure how similar they are. Alot of classes got split up for the sake of making things different. Like a Bard for example got sliced in half so one has attack songs and another has defence songs. With this game you become a fighter, then a Crusader, then at level 20 you change to Shadow knight. I think. Anyway, heres a list with the skills you get at each level. See if its similar or changed.

http://eq2.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=337
Old 03-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #8
iron_man66
Southern Cross Master

hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iron_man66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:18 AM   #9
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_man66
hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the... BANNED!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 AM   #10
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YES!
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
Reko8

I was looking at the CoH forums and I was getting confused. They said like you have to pay a monthly fee for both CoH and CoV. Is this true? And can you just buy CoV or do you need CoH too?
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #12
Alucard

It should work like any other expansion to an mmorpg. You pay monthly for the normal game, but for the expansion pack only those who buy it will be able to use the new content it comes with. So if theres new areas or new characters for example, people without the expansion will be locked out from these. The fee should still be the same each month, despite the expansion.