The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 07-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
Rubeus

Shin Megami Tensei V story trailer, Factions, friends, conflict between god & demons

Whether this is a purchase really depends on the reviews, so far it seems fine....

Click for full size

Quote:
Shin Megami Tensei V story trailer

Factions, friends, and the conflict between gods and demons.

Atlus has released the official story trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V, which depicts the factions, friends, and conflict between gods and demons in the game.

Here is an overview of the game, via Atlus:

About

In the latest entry of the acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei RPG series, the ambitions of god and human clash amidst the horror of a dying world. Neither human or demon, the newly-forged Nahobino and his friends must decide what is worth saving… and prepare to sacrifice everything in its name. In a world without its creator, which path will you choose?

Key Features
  • Unfold an allusive story filled with tragic choices, make sacrifices to uphold your ideals as you pursue light or covet darkness to discover your role in the new world.
  • Fight through a demon-infested wasteland with the Press Turn Battle System, pinpoint enemy weaknesses so you can perform consecutive actions but make one mistake and it may be your last.
  • Turn formidable foes into worthy allies by recruiting them via negotiations, then fuse them to create demons customized to fit your playstyle.
  • Explore the expansive world of post-apocalyptic Tokyo, fully rendered in stunning 3D utilizing Unreal Engine 4, a first for the mainline Shin Megami Tensei series.

Shin Megami Tensei V is due out for Switch on November 11 in Japan and November 12 worldwide.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/shin...-story-trailer
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:58 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I honestly really dislike the MC and the tokyo mirage sessiosn menus, it makes it look like an asset flip. I don't think i'm gonna get it.
I'm getting Metroid dread and Tales of arise instead. I will see if reviews or last minute changes change my impressions.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:39 AM   #3
Ernst

For me, it’s a definite buy.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

After playing the demo for arise and seeing it's just another spammer combat like the last two, this game is back on my radar.
Still not a fan of the mc and the menus, but i'm sure i will enjoy the combat. We'll see. ^^