The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC Games Discussion

Old 02-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Rubeus

PlayStation boss says a whole slate of PlayStation games is coming to PC

Click for full size

Quote:
PlayStation boss says 'a whole slate' of PlayStation games is coming to PC, starting with Days Gone

'In the spring'

I had to check my calendar this morning. Is it June already?!

Sony is dropping news-bombs on us today, with the confirmation of a new PSVR device specifically for PS5 (and a new VR controller), and now, confirmation of a bunch of PlayStation games coming to PC. Speaking to GQ, PlayStation boss Jim Ryan states that "a whole slate" of PlayStation games is coming to PC. They're not wasting any time either, as Days Gone is coming this spring.

Ryan did not elaborate beyond this, but a "whole slate" is a big thing to promise. God of War is an obvious candidate, but Demon's Souls is another obvious play, as folks even thought it was coming to PC when it was announced. There's also Miles Morales and Spider-Man in the mix, as well as Ratchet and Clank.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...e-620672.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Not sure this is a good idea for them. It's gonna devalue the console.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Not sure this is a good idea for them. It's gonna devalue the console.
Or it might bring pc gamers who have never been interested in consoles into the fold. It's hard to nail down how it will affect console sales.

I'm of the opinion that the more people who have access to great games the better.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:39 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I really doubt PC only gamers care about consoles if they haven't already. Especially cause on PC you can get Xbox games too.
What this is, is just money from the sales for Sony. But, it does erode the value of the console, so they got to be careful.

While it is noble to want to give all games to everyone, those games would not happen if it wasn't for the console exclusivity and incentivising their sale by adding value. Those are what makes Playstation and Nintendo systems sucessful.