The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #46
Nem
Smash bro!

Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4.

Couldn't have been more "Meh". I rushed through the main story cause the game was so boring. It felt like an inferior expansion of the previous game. The story managed to be even less interesting as well.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:53 AM   #47
Drunken Savior

This was one was also pretty good. It's kinda silly how much better at facial animation these guys are than Telltale, even if the Life is Strange series isn't exactly cutting edge. I thought the story wasn't as good as the first game, but the episodes were all pretty well done. Being 3 episodes was nice too.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:00 AM   #48
Nem
Smash bro!

Arslan: warriors of legend on ps4.

Really good warriors game. Cell-shaded graphics look gorgeous, characters are cool, story is good. If you watched the anime you will know already.

Cons are the same as the anime. The game covers season 1 wich is just the beggining. The manga hasn't even catched up to the anime, though the source novels have finally been finished. Wish it had the whole saga. It would be an epic game if it did.

But, this was pretty good. Only 15 characters, but they have multiple weapon sets to keep it varied. Honestly, the best dynasty warriors spin off for me. It fits perfectly.

I liked it so much i bought Berserk Musou! Wich will probably suffer from the same problem. Why do good anime take decades to complete and go at a snails pace? :/
Old 07-31-2018, 12:48 PM   #49
bujeezus

Nier Automata. I really enjoyed it but something was off. I stretched this 1 out and at 20 hrs I was only 50% complete. 10 hrs later, credits were rolling? Weird. Anyhoo, I am currently playing it again but with 9S instead of 2B. It's a little different as you get to see what 9S did when he left 2B on the first play through but I don't see me finishing it again any time soon unless I an get some of those damn locked elevators opened!
Old 08-01-2018, 03:07 AM   #50
Nem
Smash bro!

I completed Berserk and the band of the hawk on the PS4.

I was in a high from Arslan, but while i am a massive fan of the Berserk series, this just wasn't very good. It was square the game. The triangle combos were so slow they were hardly worth pressing.
It did become a very different game later on because it become a you alone (plus a couple of other characters without forces) versus every hostile, wich is a bit more interesting, but the combat just wasn't amazing. It was missing variety, where in Arslan there's 15 characters with 2 or 3 weapons and unique attacks, in berserk there's i think 8 characters and each one with just one set of moves (Guts gets a second one very late in the game, but it's well a berserk form and you need to sacrifice your super bar for it and it's time limited).

So, i don't think Tecmo believed in this game very much. Could have been cause the decision was made to also put it on the Vita, but this is definitely not on the level of Arslan and DW8XL.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #51
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Berserk on the PS2 was a lot better and it was the same style game too. Too bad it never came out over here. I imported it and love it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote