The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #46
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
But can it runs on Pentium II ?

Currently Playing : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [PSVita] - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PSVita]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #47
Alucard

Thats practically torture.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #48
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
There are rumors that Windows 8 might also be the OS for the next Xbox and that older Xbox games and 360 games will be able to run on Windows 8 by just putting it in your DVD drive.

But that's only cause of Xbox Live being included on Windows 8, there isn't anything else to go by it.

But that would be pretty cool.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #49
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

That would be awesome. Can you imagine if 360 games ran with enhanced graphics and stuff on PC by default, without installing patches? But I seriously doubt it would ever happen.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #50
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Games on Demand could end up on the win8 xbox live service. You never know.

This could be MS way of doing the same thing that Sony did with the sony tablets having PS1/PSP games to download.

And since the Kal El Tegra 3 CPU is supposed to AWESOEMSOMSEOMSOEMOSME This wouldn't be so far fetch.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #51
darren
... lol

It is the is they are using there is referbce to Xbox in the code. They used a modded winos for 360 under the covers.that's why PC ports are so easy
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #52
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren316 View Post
It is the is they are using there is referbce to Xbox in the code.
The fuck?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #53
Reality
Sin and Punishment

At the most you may see xbox games playable through streaming. Like the OnLive service but having Xbox games play in your PC by disk be a disadvantage to them. They have no way of bottle necking or controlling the user on the PC platform like they can on the 360. I could put in a 360 game and play online with a homemade service instead of Xbox live for example. Or by my M$ points through a website instead of Xbox live. Thats a bad business structure for them.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #54
spider-prime

That would require re writing a lot of codes in the games and people already do buy MS points that aren't from MS.

If this is real, they will probably have it that you have to be on LIVE for it to work like steam, they already have games for windows that already uses Xbox Live. If it's like I said only the Games on Demand, they could easily just add Xbox Games to the list of Games for Windows List. A lot of them already are on there for PC play, like Game Room.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #55
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
That would require re writing a lot of codes in the games and people already do buy MS points that aren't from MS.

If this is real, they will probably have it that you have to be on LIVE for it to work like steam, they already have games for windows that already uses Xbox Live. If it's like I said only the Games on Demand, they could easily just add Xbox Games to the list of Games for Windows List. A lot of them already are on there for PC play, like Game Room.
Just a couple points I would like to make. PC gamers are disgruntle about paying to play online causally. There be no doubt alot of work involved in making emulated code to allow for free server play but compare that to making them pay $60 a year($70/$80$90?) for Xbox live. If World of Warcraft can be made into a example, people will go to the effort to make such free servers.

Games for Windows live is a free service already and its a failed brand. PC gamers simply have much better options to messengers, voice chats, ect. They don't want or use the Xbox Live ported software. Now imagine if Xbox Live users on a actual 360 was granted this freedom. To group voice chat without gold memberships, or watch netflix without gold memberships, or buy their points from a website with the scroll of their analog stick. It goes completely against what M$ wants.

If anything, I think M$ will use Windows 8 to push people from PCs to Consoles. A controlled environment is much more profitable.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #56
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Reality, it would just be a way to play Xbox 360 games on PC. None of the points you're making about charging for online play, etc. are applicable. You already have to pay for Xbox Live Gold to play 360 games online, so this would be no different.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #57
Reality
Sin and Punishment

But to me it makes no sense. If I was Sega why would I sell you Dreamcast games that played on PC? I would want you to buy a Dreamcast. Then you would buy my dreamcast controllers, Dreamcast harddrives, and pay for my subscriptions/royalties. Allowing people to play licensed games on a platform I can't control (apart from the very OS) makes no sense.

But eh, who knows what they have in stored. Might surprise us all or might just be business as usual.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #58
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
360 games will be able to run on Windows 8 by just putting it in your DVD drive.
But I thought normal DVD Drive can't read Xbox360's DVD.
Currently Playing : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [PSVita] - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PSVita]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #59
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrats Studio View Post
But I thought normal DVD Drive can't read Xbox360's DVD.
the new discs, I know for sure, but people pirate them somehow

But that's just me talking, if it's anything, it's probably just the games on demand and not disc base, they would make a lot of money if it's just that and more control over it.

Still very cool if it's just that.

Microsoft wants Digital Downloads only, mostly for their hatred of Bluray

But like I said, it's more money and more control over each game, cause you can't really share it, sell it used and whatever, everyone who wants one will have to buy it and with Xbox Live coming to Windows 8, they probably will have the gold subscription for it also.

http://www.winrumors.com/xbox-live-w...nd-xbox-video/

Here is what is coming to Live over Win 8, which I find very cool.

It actually gets me hyped for the next xbox.

So since, they said that multiplayer works over Windows 8 and Xbox users, which is where all this talk started happening.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #60
Alucard

Chances of you being able to throw in an xbox disc into your pc and play them under windows 8 is about the same as the 360 getting a dx10 patch.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote