The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #31
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Steam has a prepurchase up with a 10% discount. Might take them up on that if I don't get the collectors edition.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #32
Alucard

Get the collectors. The art book alone will be worth it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #33
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

130 bucks american. I dunno. I do have some amazon credits though. Still.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 11-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #34
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I won't be getting the Collecters but I'll definitely get the version Steam has up. I was considering pre-ordering it right now but I wussed out and got GTA4 instead. I'll get it closer to the release.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #35
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

From game politics.com

Quote:
A report on TorrentFreak poses the odd question "Is Witcher 2 DRM-Free To Lure In Pirates?" According to the site, sourcing an interview on Eurogamer, the Poland-based company plans to snoop on torrent sites and send threatening letters to alleged pirates via legal firms that handle such dirty work.

"Of course we’re not happy when people are pirating our games, so we are signing with legal firms and torrent sneaking companies," CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski told Eurogamer this week. "In quite a few big countries, when people are downloading it illegally they can expect a letter from a legal firm saying, 'Hey, you downloaded it illegally and right now you have to pay a fine. We are totally fair, but if you decide you will not buy it legally there is a chance you’ll get a letter."

The Witcher 2 releases in May 2011.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #36
Alucard

People should be buying their games. They're quality, unlike the shit they'll happily fork out for these days.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #37
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I agree though I'm having some trouble with witcher. I don't like the interface because everything is so small it hurts my eyes and I don't like the click to attack method of gameplay. If they added in controller support and made it more of a swing when you press a button type thing It would be awesome.

Mainly it's the interface giving me eye strain. I play it on my big screen tv which makes it worse. I need like a mod or something.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #38
Alucard

You could probably lower the resolution which would make the fonts larger. But still, you seriously shouldnt be having that much trouble reading it. The combat is no different to Vagrant Story, which was also an awesome game. Which also used a controller btw. There are plenty of action games where you're required to press X when you're about to hit someone. From what I've seen though they are changing the combat to be more action like since they're planning to get the twitchy console gamers to buy the port too. Action game style wont hurt it so I dont have a problem with the change. Cant wait for it. The combat wasnt the reason I enjoyed it, it was pretty much the other 99% of the game that rocked like no other rpg has in years.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #39
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

I finally started playing the The Witcher: Enhanced Edition that I bought a couple months back. I just finished the prologue chapter at Kaer Morhen. I was listening to the soundtrack and reading The Witcher short story while the game was being loaded onto hard drive. Amazing game so far and a great package.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:15 AM   #40
calintz
thank you based god

lol

CD Projekt Red's April Fools joke:

Quote:
CD Projekt RED, GOG's sister company and the development studio of the acclaimed The Witcher franchise, has just announced their new game - THE BARD: Saviors of Queens. The adventure is supposed to revolve around an undisclosed poet whose name is yet to be determined.

Following recent video game trends the title will offer a very short and linear story. Almost no gameplay whatsoever and twenty launch DLCs, including a special pink banjo (normally obtainable by finishing a game) and a unicorn mount, will have you stuck in front of your computer screen for minutes. Check out the announcement trailer below and visit http://www.saviors-of-queens.com for even less details.
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #41
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

As long as it has hats... in games now, all I care about are hats.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #42
Alucard

CD Projekt own. I'd love for them to actually make this as a mini game to play with Witcher 2.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #43
Vegetto
Alive

Combat looks somewhat similar to arhkam asylum, hope it has the counters too.

too bad the guy playing SUCKS

Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #44
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Wow, I'm suddenly extremely interested in the game. Combat looks a lot better than what it was in the first game; found it to be really annoying when playing. This definitely looks tonnes better. I always liked all the systems of the Witcher, everything about it was great except the combat, thats why I couldn't get anywhere in it.

The guy playing is always shit in videos, and they always use controllers. Using a controller is usually okay but in trailers for FPS's, its just so awkward and slow...
Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #45
Vegetto
Alive

combat walkthroughs

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/li...witcher/712872

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/li...witcher/712873

i'm loving the tactical aspect of it all, can't wait
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote