The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
ATMA
Gamer junkie

ForceWear Vest

Quote:
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TN Games, makers of computer hardware and software products, today unveils ForceWear™ Vest. Video-based content is amplified as players wearing ForceWear Vest are pounded both front and back with hits from rapid gunfire, or experience body slams associated with racecar driving. With ten pounds of force at each of the 8 contact points, ForceWear Vest imparts tactile events and impact throughout game play including directional force to create unending anticipation.

“From the young gamer to the hardened industry veteran, all have been astonished by how much TN Games’ ForceWear Vest amplifies the gaming experience,” said TN Games’ CEO, Dr. Mark Ombrellaro. “We are excited to launch ForceWear Vest at the Game Developers Conference. TN Games’ is redefining the concept of interactive entertainment by combining feedback that is unexpected and thoroughly suspenseful.”

With a customizable-look geared toward shooter and racing games, ForceWear Vest impacts single gunshot wounds, multiple missile gunshot wounds, through and through missile injuries, kicks, punches, and can be used to impart G-force effects for driving/racing or aerial flight content. Standard visual cues during game play are rendered obsolete as hits, kicks and punches from outside the players’ field of vision are felt.

ForceWear is currently available in black tactical vest, camouflage, as well as a racing vest with flame-suit appearance. TN Games’ ForceWear Vest is being introduced on PC platform and will be available to consumers in November 2007.

TN Games at GDC

TN Games’ is participating this week at the 2007 Game Developer’s Conference in San Francisco, CA from March 7 through 9. Please visit TN Games’ Booth 5307, North Hall in the Microsoft Pavilion at Moscone Center to demo the ForceWear Vest.

About TN Games

Based in Redmond, Washington, TN Games develops computer hardware and software products that enhance the realism of game playing through touch sensory experience. TN Games ForceWear Vest™ offers a wearable force-production system sending physical impacts directly to players’ bodies, transmitted from the virtual environment. TN Games offers a new level of interactive entertainment for the gaming industry. For more information, visit www.tngames.com.
Too awesome. Can already imagine playing Call of Duty all over again with this baby on.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Fps would benefit the most outta that, this way u know which way the shots are coming from.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Sony is right, rumble is now a last gen feature. they just don't happen to have the next-gen feature either... yet
Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Alucard

I'm so buying one if its supported in alot of games. Especially counterstrike and battlefield!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Once it supports BF2 I'm all over it.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
damn.. this be ass kicking with my new rumble enabled headset..
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Hehe this would have been even more awesome if it works on WoW. Lol the madness being a main tank, or a healer in pvp arena. kekekeke
Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 AM   #8
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Sounds awesome. Me wants one.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
Chronos
fuggit

Made me look twice. Sweet.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMA
Hehe this would have been even more awesome if it works on WoW. Lol the madness being a main tank, or a healer in pvp arena. kekekeke
i think my back would be broken if that happend - mage eaten by ambush/backstab rog
Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
ATMA
Gamer junkie

indeed

Or turn the situation around. A sheeped class getting a fully buffed ice bolt with trinket and all on while frost nova right in the ribs. I'm sure next day you'll call in sick at your job/school.

Or fight Patchwerk with this baby on and you'll be the main tank (getting hit every 1.5sec) or the first meatshield and you'll be catching most Hateful strikes. Ouch.