The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
diunx
The Devil Loves You

Microsoft Reveals Live For Windows Pricing

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exere...A1C89295FE.htm

Quote:
while Microsoft was quite quiet about Live for Windows Vista, today during a press event prior to the Game Developers Conference the company revealed to Game Informer Online the exact pricing structure for the service. Live for Windows Vista will actually be the same exact price for Vista as it is for the Xbox 360. Just like with the Xbox 360 there will be a free Silver package as well as a Gold package which retails for $49.99 for a year subscription, $7.99 for one month, and $19.99 for three months.

Good news for gamers who already have an Xbox Live Gold Membership – you’ve already subscribed. Your Live membership works on the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Live for Windows. Your gamer tag and achievements will be used across both Xbox and Vista PCs. Upcoming Vista games like Halo 2 and some exclusive Vista casual games will include achievements and will be able to add to your gamer score.
I and at this news.
diunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

So this means that games like Halo that I have been playing for free on my PC will now have a monthly fee. Bullshit, way to screw us over M$ you conglomerate jackasses.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
Alucard

wtf? Theres zillions of free servers everywhere. You only have to pay if you want to play on LIVE. If you dont want to play there then all the other servers will still be around, like ones setup by your ISP's etc. They will be free. They're going to get hardly anyone on the Live servers fro the PC gamer section. Retards.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
phknrocket1k

Live Anywhere! is taking shape.

It will also be expanding to cell phones.
phknrocket1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
wtf? Theres zillions of free servers everywhere. You only have to pay if you want to play on LIVE. If you dont want to play there then all the other servers will still be around, like ones setup by your ISP's etc. They will be free. They're going to get hardly anyone on the Live servers fro the PC gamer section. Retards.
Not if MS buys exclusivity for their Live servers....

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain

Last edited by AmishNazi; 03-07-2007 at 02:52 AM.
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
Alucard

Bullshit. They can only do that with games they own. And since games they own is...HALO, I can pretty much live without their crap servers.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 AM   #7
AmishNazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Bullshit. They can only do that with games they own. And since games they own is...HALO, I can pretty much live without their crap servers.
Nobody said anything about force..... MS has the money to buy a online exclusivity. Hell for all we know they might already have some games in the pipe. Only takes one publisher to sell out and we're fucked, because the XB idiots have already proven that there's a market of idiots for it, or didn't you see the recent bragging of the 6 million users on Live.

Trust me I don't want to think it's coming but it's logical... Otherwise if they don't do it like you said no one would use it.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #8
Alucard

Dont forgot, xbox idiots are different to PC gamers who have had all this stuff for free and dont need their hand held in finding game servers. Example, Valve would never go to xbox live only. That would be stupid.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #9
AmishNazi

I didn't think gamers in general were idiotic enough to pay for a subscription to matchmaking services seeing how that's mostly all Live does...... but they disappointed me. If the people who defend the Live service are any indication this shit could snowball. I doubt we'll see major established franchises like valve, UT, quake, or some others join, BUT I could see some of the smaller people joining up.

- Mark Twain
Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Never put your faith in the gamer or developer. When is Gear of War heading to PC again? Oh yeah. Thats right. They are not sure. You know why? Cause they are sell outs. I rest my case.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #11
AmishNazi

As long as UT3 makes it to PC I can give a shit less. Fuck snail pace, brown/grey/black textures, and tiny multiplayer teams and maps.

- Mark Twain
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Point being is that a developer would leave their original community in the cold. It can easily happen to UT3 as well.

Last edited by Reality; 03-07-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
Alucard

Let them. If they want you to pay for Live to play their game multiplayer, I know more gamers who wont buy their game then those who would because of it. They'd just shoot themselves in the foot for one market.