The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #196
Alucard

Ok I'm shocked I missed this... These guys remade Total Annihilation but with their own custom 3D engine. At first you might be forgiven for thinking it looks like Supreme Commander, but from the comments and info I've seen it plays much more like TA, something that people got pissy about Supreme Commander since it was kinda different. Awesome mod conversion. And this made in 2007.

Whats cooler is they've used this engine to make other things, including a star wars mod style amongst others. Just click on the Games section at their website.

http://springrts.com/
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #197
Alucard

Ok Team fortress 2 PLATFORMER style.

http://classdash.yolasite.com/
Old 04-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #198
Alucard

Fallout 2 restoration project.. I didnt even know there was such a thing. Seems to add in heaps of stuff that was cut from the game. I so need to play this again sometime. When I do I plan to use this.

Depending on the type you want theres an RAR version and an EXE version.

http://games.on.net/file/33411/Fallo...t_2.0.2c_-_RAR

http://games.on.net/file/33412/Fallo...t_2.0.2c_-_EXE

Quote:
The purpose of this mod is to add back into the game all the content that was originally planned by the Fallout 2 developers. You will find about 6 new locations (some quite large, other smaller) as well as a few new areas to old locations. In addition, almost every town in the game has new content whether it is new characters, quests, or items. Playing this will definitely be a new experience.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #199
Alucard

Now heres one that makes me all squishy inside...

Quote:
The Bloodlines Revival Project is a community effort to update the original Vampire Bloodlines game, bringing it to the current Source engine.

To achieve this, a dedicated team of hobbyists are working on converting the original content into the new engine. This has the following benefits:

* Fixing all of the bugs still found in the original games (the original developers were only able to release one patch - it's up to us!)

* Among these bugs were slowdowns, bad framerates, quest issues, graphical problems/glitches, and a serious control issue present for most people that locks up all controls for several moments periodically.

* To bring the fans of the game an SDK to work with

* This allows fans to make their own Bloodlines content - maps, textures, quests, npcs - anything and everything
So far they've done some of the stages. For anyone whos played the original they should be able to see straight away the textures are much more detailed, lighting is better, reflections look amazing, just lots of stuff. I really cant wait to see what they do with the models. The day this thing comes out I'm replaying this game for the third game. One of the best games EVER made.

http://forums.thedaedalus.net/index.php
Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #200
Zack

i guess i'll finally play bloodlines when that mod is finished.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #201
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

So what was so great about that game anyway?
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #202
Alucard

It was awesome. All the playable characters were totally different to each other. NO CHARACTER created compares to the Malkavian class. The music owned. Character dialogue rocked. Missions were great. Story was great. Blended fps/3rd person action and rpg together better than almost any game before or after it. It fucking owned. And the Mansion is one of the scariest places ever in a game.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #203
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

He forgot to mention that you don't glow like a Twilight vampire!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #204
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Awesome. I'll deffinatly put it on my list when the mod is done.

And on a side note I installed Natural Environments, Qarls texture pack 3.0, and HGEC body mod for Oblivion and oh my god does the game look gorgous now. I always thought it looked great even on xbox but this is just sick. I'm falling in love with it all over again.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #205
Alucard

It never looked that good. Textures were always smeary and the character models were a bit tragic. The mods really made the game shine. Sadly theres no mod to improve the shitty game itself.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #206
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

The only problem I really had with it was the odd way the enemies leveled with you. I remember at a certain point I could wail away at an enemy with a sword while invisilbe and it just wouldn't do any worthwhile damage. I had to use mega spells.

I'm hoping that Morrowind mod turns into a full recreation. That would be awesome.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #207
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Decided to buy the Orange box on Steam and download the Cinematic conversion mod. I couldn't believe it was almost 10 gigs. I couldn't only imagine putting that kind of work into something simply as a labor of love.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #208
Alucard

PC gamers are insane is why. But you really should play it through without the mod first time. Second time you can appreciate it so much more.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #209
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I've allready played trough the orange box on the 360 (yes I bought it twice) so I'm good to go.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 AM   #210
Alucard

Oh well you'll notice a jump in quality so bad it might make your eyes burst out your testicles.