The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-14-2005, 10:58 PM   #46
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Seska, my control opinion is the idea that in PvP somebody else can just click and follow me. I dont like the idea that someone without skill can still keep up with my movements. Especially since the whole endgame is about PvP.

Also, i would have preferred multiple ways to beat a mission, or atleast get the the objective. On many of the missions there are, but on the ones that dont, they feal really horrible.

As for the Henchmen AI, healers will sometimes run into the middle of a fight if a party member dies and try to rez them, also dying in the process. That happens atleast twice a day for me.

As for Party members leaving, I was commenting on the community itself. Since GW doesnt take a considerable amount of time to reach max, since they arent the hardcore Powergamers in other MMOs, and the fact that you can solo all the way to lvl 20, people dont even think twice when leaving a party. Their credibility doesnt matter to the community. Also i agree on the comment that the way they sell items is crappy. Especially since there are so many instances of the same city. I propose a cross-district auction house.

And on my comparisons between GWs and any other MMORPGs:

1. on GW box it says its an MMORPG
2. No other game really has instances, unless you count servers (and MMORPG is a better comparison to GW then FPS)

Spiff- the armor is one of the things a like about GW. While everyone looks the same, which sucks!, there is no person to rule all persons becuase of loot. There basically is no looting, which is awesome. Though i wish the crafting system was done alot better. Though not too easy like WoW.

And if you guys think i really hate GW, just know that its better then Eq2, and not far away from WoW for me.

79-WoW
71-Gw
57-EQ2

Out of 100
And yes im a really harsh reveiwer
Old 06-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #47
Kozmo
Experience the Kozmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManSpiff
Any Idea how much they will cost?
They're free I think. You don't buy them in the shops, I think you download them.....a bit like updating but don't quote me on that. You can purchase different chapters though which opens up new areas and new skills.

Last edited by Kozmo; 06-15-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 PM   #48
Seska
Slurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee
And on my comparisons between GWs and any other MMORPGs:

1. on GW box it says its an MMORPG
Taken from the official GW FAQ:

Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild.

Quote:
2. No other game really has instances, unless you count servers (and MMORPG is a better comparison to GW then FPS)
PSO has instances, and works (as far as meeting up with people and going into missions) pretty much the same way. EQ2 also has instances (for non-city zones), although at least each instance can carry up to 100 players. Missions and Dungeons in Anarchy Online were instanced too, and limited to people in the same party. Again, nothing new here.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #49
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Isnt EQ2 and MMORPG? Which would make it a comparison between MMORPGs and GW which you were bitching about... Yet you just did it...

Also let me point out that the game is listed on MMORPG.com.

Even if you dont think its an MMORPG, it still doesnt change my opinion that its not worth my time. And reading that box really pisses me off! It all talks about how if you are skilled everyone will talk about you.. HA!
The community is so mornic they couldnt care less. Not to mention that "true skill" isnt in this game at all. WoW takes more skill and thats sad...
Old 06-16-2005, 10:54 AM   #50
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManSpiff
Any Idea how much they will cost?
$45 a pack, and i heard they will be out between 3-6 months. They are there to serve as a monthly fee that you choose to pay if you want to.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:18 PM   #51
Nem
Smash bro!

So seska, how's the magicbox guild doing? still alive?

Last edited by Nem; 06-23-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:33 AM   #52
Alexander
I speak with codes.

I'll join, but I don't get much time to play GW. Is there actually a guild put together?
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:55 PM   #53
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee
$45 a pack, and i heard they will be out between 3-6 months. They are there to serve as a monthly fee that you choose to pay if you want to.

$45!! Ill probably be willing to pay, but I dont know about all my friends, and if they stop playing then so will I. They should cost no more than $30.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #54
Seska
Slurp

$45 seems a bit of a stretch, especially as they havent confirmed any price yet, but they expect to sell it at a price similar to the original game, only somewhat more competitive. Each chapter, however, will not be like an additional traditional "expansion" for MMORPGs, but about equal in content to the original game. Its not a far stretch to expect a buncha new professions and another whoel area of the world to explore, about the same size as the original GW. IT would be like purchasing the same game, but different content.

Oh, and I disbanded the MB guild about a day after I made it, I just couldnt be arsed. :p
Old 06-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #55
Nem
Smash bro!

Hmmm... new jobs would be fun. But they could only appear on the new piece of world the expansion is set upon since not everyone will have the expansion and thus the new jobs couldnt be recognized by the older copies. Unless they make a special update for those cases.

Pity, about the MB guild. I was curious to know what cape you had come up with
Old 06-19-2005, 12:10 AM   #56
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Q. Am I required to buy the new chapters in order to continue to play Guild Wars?

A. No. Every purchase you make in the continuation of the Guild Wars saga will be your choice. If you purchase new chapters, you will gain access to new regions of the world, new skills and abilities, new items, new professions, and much more. And of course such a purchase will support the continued development of the game. However, if you choose not to purchase a chapter, you will still be able to play the chapters of Guild Wars that you own, and you will have common areas in which you will be able to play with and against your friends who have purchased the other chapter(s).

Q. Will I remain competitive if I do not buy the chapters? Will I be able to compete with and against others if I have only some of the Guild Wars chapters?

A. Yes. Purchasing the newer chapters of Guild Wars will not make you strictly more powerful. You will have access to many more strategic options, due to the expanding nature of the skills, abilities, items and professions that you enjoy with each chapter. It would be similar to building a deck in Magic: The Gathering?: The more cards you own, the greater the number of different playing decks you can choose to play. When you buy the chapters of Guild Wars, you will acquire a larger collection of skills and abilities from which to build your skill set, but you will not gain more power. So if you purchase a chapter and your friend does not, you will still be able to play competitively against and with one another.

From the faq at www.guildwars.com.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #57
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
It would be similar to building a deck in Magic: The Gathering?:
thats exactly what a friend of mine calls it.

Anyways, everything seems to be thought up. An update will probably still be required for that though.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #58
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

All of us MagicBox members need to get together and take a picture together and post it here.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #59
Nem
Smash bro!

Im up for it. We need to set a time and a place on the international server
We need to take into mind the time difference though. Im on GMT.

Last edited by Nem; 06-23-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #60
Kozmo
Experience the Kozmotion

The hard bit is getting the damn sigil which is expensive. You need the sigil to get yourself a guildhall. The only way of getting a sigil is doing pvp which is very difficult.