The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #1
Rubeus

The Final Fantasy VII Remake somehow has a release date of March 2020, E3 trailer

That picture is deceiving, Sephiroth will have almost no show in the first episode.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Quote:
The Final Fantasy VII Remake somehow has a release date of March 2020

March 3, 2020

The Final Fantasy VII Remake release date was announced by way of a low key Symphonic Reunion concert video tonight. Is this E3? This is E3 as hell.

Yep, nearly 24 hours ahead of the Square Enix E3 showcase event, the company has unveiled the Final Fantasy VII Remake date of March 3, 2020. Now that leaves an endless ocean of room for more information during the showcase (like, I don't know, anything beyond a few mostly cutscene-laden trailers), but hey, we got this morsel of cheese early before The Grinch stole it.

So we need that sweet, sweet information sharpish. Like, what's the deal with the episodic strategy? Literally all we've seen so far is Midgar, which is roughly the first five hours of the seminal 1997 PS1 classic. Do they mean March 3, 2020 for the first Midgar episode? Where in the 36 Chambers is Tifa? Is somehow, someway, the entire 50 plus hour remade JRPG going to come on March 2020? Is the remake just Midgar? That makes zero sense. This thing was announced in 2015, by the way.

Buckle up as we speed down this E3 2019 highway together. I'm scared: it's a one-way road.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Actually, he will show up, if rumors are true and this is a 2 parter ending with Aeris passing. He will show at least 2 times if that is true.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

That would be impressive...because we've seen very little of the game (if any?) past Midgar.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
Rubeus

The previous rumors also said Yuffie and Vincent will automatically join at some point, those are no longer optional quests -- but I guess these two won't show up until episode 2.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #5
Rubeus

Full E3 Trailer with Tifa and gameplay.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... this trailer does show us most of the midgar area. I believe the bike mini-game is when you are escaping the city, so i'm thinking the rumor might have some credit.

Edit: I have been looking at the squeenix press conference and they said this game will be 2 blu rays. So, theres no way it's only midgar.

OMG! The combat system is great! Real time basic attacks and dodging and it fills the ATB gauge. Then you select command and time stop turn based style and you can enter a limit break or spell. You can also change to your other party members ans issue commands for their ATB too.
For the real time fanatics, commands can be bound to shortcuts.
Pretty impressed. They have merged real time and turn based.

Last edited by Nem; 06-11-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote