The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Nem
Smash bro!

Guild Wars Chapter 4 and Guild Wars 2 announced?

http://the-inquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37986

Quote:
GDC 2007 New add-on and complete new game coming your way

By Theo Valich in San Francisco: Monday 05 March 2007, 06:36
NCSOFT HAS ANNOUNCED the development and release dates for regular annual expansion of Guild Wars universe, and not too surprisingly, that this expansion will be the last throw of the dice before its successor appears on the market.

The add-on will be known as Eye of the North, and stands to be released in Q3 of 2007. The price of the add-on is not known at the time of annoucement, but it will be less than already present campaigns. In order to play the game, gamers must own at least one of the already released GW campaigns, like Nightfall, Factions or Prophecies.

Eye of the North brings a conclusion what happened in Tyria after Guild Wars: Prophecies ended, and as such - is 100% oriented towards games with characters of maximum level. We know GW gamers want the numbers, so here they are: 18 new multi-level dungeons, 40 new armour sets, 10 new Heroes and massive 150 new skills, out of which 50 belong only to PvE (Player versus Enviroment).

Enter the end of Guild Wars 1 and beginning of Guild Wars 2...

On the other hand, there are Guild Wars 2. This is a full sequel and will be released in 2009-10 timeframe, with a public beta being released sometime next year. This game will be set several hundred years after GW: Prophecies and Eye of the North, but the main drool factor will be zone-wide events (read, open war in DaoC and Alterac Valley style), combined with refined control system, oriented for action and ease of use. Playable races include Humans, Charr, Norns, Asurians and Sylvarians. Level cap is set, but it is not known at the time, while characters will now progress through the game in a more sensitive way.

The graphics engine will be brought up to date with latest graphics developments in 2009-10, so you can expect a game engine which will offer unrivalled graphics features in world of MMOs.

NCSoft's roadmap now should be pretty clear, as far as GW world is concerned: GW1 add-on, GW2 public beta, GW2 final. Next 18 months will be very busy for these guys.
I lol'ed. In the end GW aspires to be WoW. The hardcore fans must be feeling sour now. How they hated WoW and how they will embrace this upcoming clone.

I must say im impressed with anet's foresight though. GW was doomed to die out in the next 2 years.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:04 AM   #2
Alucard

woo updated graphics engine. I Wanna see.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
jelloblimp

Well the problem is NCSoft have announced NOTHING . Only this one reporter has gone out with info that is yet to be confirmed.
So its only a rumor for now.
jelloblimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Well you did notice the question mark on the thread title. It hasnt been formely announced but its not like anet denied anything as well.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Side question, if i was to say.. purchase guild wars.. which one would i buy nightfall or factions? any big differance?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

My sugestion would be for you to get the first one (now known as Phrophecies). Its undoubtibly the best one. After that its Nightfall. Factions is horrible, but if you end up liking the games u will want to get them all.