The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-12-2005, 07:15 PM   #16
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat
I don't think anybody here needs convincing of how much EA sucks. What I hate the most is EA's undying vision of putting terrible licensed tracks in ALL of their games. Even The Urbz, which sucked anyway, was the "special Black Eyed Peas edition"...there was no other edition besides this one. It's like the game was a big advertisement for that group.

Here's a question, though: How is Activision (a company that might as well unite with EA in blissful whoredom) making Marvel-licensed games like Spiderman and X-Men Legends if EA has the Marvel license?
I didn't know about the black eyed peas being in the game until I was at my cousin's and she has the game and said "Oh my god the black eyed peas!". At first I was like then . One of the biggest mistakes in a game is putting in a music group because the company puts the group in the game, then let's say a week or so later the group's music starts to suck and nobody likes them anymore so they probably won't play the game anymore. I could say that about sport games as well but at least you can customize the teams sometimes.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #17
Alucard

I got an email today from a friend of mine who's a playtester for EA, and in it there was the link to the article above! I'm pretty sure they're all having a good laugh over there, thinking EA is this godly company that does whatever it wants! Then ofcourse they all cry when they get fired but hey, keep pretending you're in a good place.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 PM   #18
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Here's a question, though: How is Activision (a company that might as well unite with EA in blissful whoredom) making Marvel-licensed games like Spiderman and X-Men Legends if EA has the Marvel license?
Because the license is split into lots of little bits Activision holds the rights to some and EA has the rights to others. Like remember Lord Of The Rings EA had the movie rights and Vivendi Universal had the book rights works in a similar way.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:15 PM   #19
Seska
Slurp

A friend of mine who used to work for Ubi, now is in EA and ruefully regrets his decision. Can you say 15-hour workdays, lousy wages and little recognition for work done?

EA's operation is basically akin to a sweatshop, they treat their employees like monkeys, pay them peanuts and expect gratitude in return.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #20
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001
Because the license is split into lots of little bits Activision holds the rights to some and EA has the rights to others. Like remember Lord Of The Rings EA had the movie rights and Vivendi Universal had the book rights works in a similar way.
So EA probably has the general Marvel license, while Activision has only Spiderman and X-Men? Although in the Marvel Universe, there's really not that much left after that.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:10 PM   #21
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
So EA probably has the general Marvel license, while Activision has only Spiderman and X-Men? Although in the Marvel Universe, there's really not that much left after that.
Though EA still uses X-men and Spiderman characters I think they probs only have the movie licenses now and ultimate spiderman. Plus fantastic four movie license.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote