The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-31-2020, 12:06 AM   #1
Rubeus

Rumor: Resident Evil 3 remake co-developer M-Two working on “larger remake project”

Most likely RE Code Veronica?

Quote:
Rumor: Resident Evil 3 remake co-developer M-Two working on “larger remake project” for Capcom

What will Capcom remake next?

M-Two, which worked on the development of Resident Evil 3 remake mainly in a support role, is currently working “as the primary developer on a larger remake project” for Capcom, according to a VGC report.

VGC was the first to report M-Two, a studio founded by former PlatinumGames CEO Tatsuya Minami and backed by Capcom, as a co-developer of the Resident Evil 3 remake back in December 2019. The in-game credits confirms Minami executive produced the title on behalf of M-Two, plus names several other M-Two employees including game director Kiyohiko Sakata and designer Tsutomu Teranishi—both formerly of PlatinumGames.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/rumo...ect-for-capcom
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I'd rather Capcom themselves handled that. But i guess i'd take it.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
Ernst

So now we have RE3, the leaks I read a while ago bout the game being rushed and lower quality have proven to be true. Shame. Real shame. Had been looking very forward to this, but the game is just a skeleton. Real disappointing.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:17 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
not a big surprised. Not like RE3 is exactly the best RE game, people just liked it cause of Nemesis, other than that, it was a huge downgrade from RE2. Code Veronica is the REAL Resident Evil 3, if Sony didn't bitch and complain that the Dreamcast was getting it, so they just switched which one is the "side story" to make Sony happy.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:59 AM   #5
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
not a big surprised. Not like RE3 is exactly the best RE game, people just liked it cause of Nemesis, other than that, it was a huge downgrade from RE2. Code Veronica is the REAL Resident Evil 3, if Sony didn't bitch and complain that the Dreamcast was getting it, so they just switched which one is the "side story" to make Sony happy.
I always liked it whilst recognising it was lower quality.

But the thing is they had a massive opportunity with the remake to hugely expand it. And they didn’t. Bizarrely, they made it smaller!
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
I always liked it whilst recognising it was lower quality.

But the thing is they had a massive opportunity with the remake to hugely expand it. And they didn’t. Bizarrely, they made it smaller!
They made the exact same mistake they did back then. xD

The fact that RE3 is basically a RE2 side story that reuses assets makes it too tempting for capcom not to cash in.
Don't get me wrong, i liked it at the time as well. The Nem moniker comes partly from Nemesis and that game. But, what made it good for me back then was the game unlocked these story epilogues for the other characters in the series. So, we got to know what they were up to. That is not the case anymore. We already know what happens, even if they had them back in. So, yeah, the game is just as bare bones as i said it would be when it was announced (and everyone that played it kind of knew too). Also, i'm gonna be honest. I dislike the new Jill redesign. Doesn't look like her at all.

I think i beat the original game like 9 times, but i am not in any hurry to play it again cause it's quite irrelevant, even if Nemesis is cool (though more disgusting now).

Now, a Code Veronica remake... i'd be all in! It's my favorite one in the series, cause the Redfields are my favorite characters. The contrast with the Ashfords is interesting as well. They can remove Steve for all i care though. xD Leo Di Caprio reference that is outdated now.