The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 11-16-2004, 02:12 AM   #16
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

I'm in agreement with your view on Metroid Zero Mission, Reivenlocke. That last area was a turd. And PaperEXE, if that's the way you feel, so be it. I confer that Wily Wars does indeed have some great tuneage, but then again so does Zero Mission. And those Mega Man remakes, while exceptional, do have flaws, such as the jumping issues I brought up in my review for the game.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:48 PM   #17
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The AGS cannot make those graphics because the AGS does not have the screen resolution to do so. Also the sound does not sound like the AGS either. I think it sounds like the Neo Geo, but maybe that's just me.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #18
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

1. MS3 isn't xbox exclusive.
2. It uses the xbox's power, not much but the xbox is used.
3. It's a perfect port in terms of graphics and sound.
4. MS3 is the best game since the first.
5. Comparing the gba version which has no blood and less frames of animation than MSX for ps1, to the arcade perfect version of MS3 is an insult to SNK.
Messanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:15 AM   #19
Paper exe
Pwnd

I know it have better graphics and sound then GBA but they are still similer

Last edited by PaperEXE; 11-19-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 AM   #20
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

That wasn't much of a review PaperEXE. You need to talk a little more about the game on a personal level instead of just saying "Only 5 stages and 2 minigames"; this is very misleading. You're not talking about how varied each of the stages are, nor how incredibly long the final stage is. Remember, perhaps the most important quality of a review is that you share some of your personality while staying true to the facts as far as possible.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:58 AM   #21
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
That wasn't much of a review PaperEXE. You need to talk a little more about the game on a personal level instead of just saying "Only 5 stages and 2 minigames"; this is very misleading. You're not talking about how varied each of the stages are, nor how incredibly long the final stage is. Remember, perhaps the most important quality of a review is that you share some of your personality while staying true to the facts as far as possible.
You know what,you are right

PS:I will try to make it up next time
Old 11-24-2004, 04:44 PM   #22
Paper exe
Pwnd

Mario Pinball Land~GBA-Pinball

Oops I forgot to review games

This game is developed by Fuse, I remember playing a game that fuse developed other then MPL but I cannot remember what it was, but I do remember seeing this logo before.
In this game the flippers is the only thing that can be controlled the others need luck, but Mario is big, so it is not easy to fall and they even putt a pipe to block your fall every time Mario go to a new room, but the pipe will go after some seconds.
There is stars to collect (I think they should put shines instead of stars because starts have another use) the problem is that the way to get stars are very similar, most of the times you need to kill all the enemies in the screen, but some times it may be different like killing all the snakes before any snake get in to the hole.
And there is power up items in the game, so that the game can be even easier. (you can buy stuff by coins that can be found when killing enemies)
The game is very short there are only 5 small stages in every stage there is 5 or 8 small rooms and there is one boss in it.
There is only one mini game and it is Yoshi Egg (played it only one second ).
About the graphics, in my eyes this game looks like Mario 64, but truth is, the graphics is a lot worst. The music is similar to BK music (this is a good thing because I love BK musics) the sound effects they are really high quality.

There is no multiplayer mode, they did not even bother to make option mode, but they did have the time to make a secret mode!
I hate how the game saves, I was battling the last boss then he bet me then I turn off my GBA SP with out saving then all of my hard work is lost
In the end this game prove 1 point
Great graphics cannot make a great game.

Gameplay: - (5/10)
Graphics: - (10/10)
Sound: - (7/10)
Longevity: - (4/10)
Mario Pinball Land: - (26/40)

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:08 AM   #23
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

While I'm sure this particular game sucks, I love pinball, 'specially real pinball. :cool guy: Anybody up for some Fish Tails?
Old 11-25-2004, 02:11 AM   #24
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Real pinball sucks, well it's OK. But nothing beats Devil's Crash MD!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:00 PM   #25
Sk8_or_DIE
PUMP IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperEXE
Mario Pinball Land:- (22/20)
remember that this game get a little high because of the graphics.this game will not last a weak.
hmmm 22 on 20 eh... that sounds about right.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:57 AM   #26
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8_or_DIE
hmmm 22 on 20 eh... that sounds about right.
I meant (27/40)

Last edited by Paper exe; 06-04-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 AM   #27
Paper exe
Pwnd

Super Mario Advance 3/Yoshi's Island~GBA-Platform

SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 3

You play as Yoshi, he is faster then toad and he can jump as high as Luigi and he can hover and he can use it as much as he wants, but he have to fall a little bit, so that he can use it again and he is as strong as Wario and he can use his tongue to grab enemies in his mouth, he can threw the enemy or eat enemies or things(like bubbles and fire balls etc ) when he eat an enemy, he can turn him in to an egg (you can only hold mix of 6 eggs)you can use the eggs to do a lot of different things, but some enemies you cannot turn them in to eggs, but when you threw any one of them, you threw special things.
The only thing that can kill Yoshi is holes or magma or spikes and most levels only have few of them, there is no time limit. If any enemy hit Yoshi million times Yoshi will not lose a life, but every time enemy hit Yoshi, Baby Mario will fall from Yoshi's back (yes Yoshi is holding baby Mario) and then Baby Mario will turn in said a bubble, then your stars will start decreasing one by one, you have to save baby Mario before all your stars is gone (If the stars finished you will lose a life). You start with only 10 stars (you cannot get more then 30 stars) in every level there is at lest 25 stars, but some levels have about 40 stars.

Off course, there are coins. Every time you get 100 coins, you get 1 extra life, sometimes when get a coin it turns in to a red coin, there are 20 in every level and they can be in every wear. There also flowers. If you get 5 flowers in a level you will get 1 extra life and in the end of the level you will find a ring with 10 circles, five of them are just circles the other 5 are sad flowers, every time you get a flower, one of the sad flowers will be happy(in level x-4 or x-8 there are no ring but there are flowers) the more you get, the more chances you will get to play the luck mini games (I love these games ) there are sex luck mini games, in the mini games, you can get extra lifes or items or nothing or everything. Every time you finish a world (8 levels), you will also unlock one luck mini game (the worst part about this, is that it makes the game very easy, you can get as much lifes as you want and you can get a total of 999 lifes ) there is also items, which makes the game even more easier, but they are not useful (I bet the game with out using them, it happens to me all the time not just in this game, I am just afraid of using them then regret it )if you want to bet the game %100 you have to get 30 stars and you have to get all the 20 red coins and all the 5 flowers in every level (there are secret levels and they are harder then the main levels, which makes the game a little pit more challenging)
The levels size are perfect, not too small, but a little big, if the levels are too big, it would be annoying for some one to complete the game %100 because if he did some mistakes he will be forced to play the big level all over again.

the levels design are great and fun, the best part about them, is that all of the levels are in forest and/or caves and they also have great backgrounds (it is just art )
The boss battles are one of the best things about this game. Every boss has his own way.
In some levels, there is a key, sometimes it opens a door to finish the level, sometimes it opens a door to play a mini game (the mini games are different from the luck mini games because they don't need luck) they are great too, but there is only 4 or 6 mini games.

The musics are few and a lot of levels have the same music, but they are still pretty good and fit the game. The sound effects are just like any other GBA Mario game. Note that this is the first game that any one heard Yoshi original voice(I love Yoshi cute voice, specially when he say Nintendo )

This game just looks like a piece of art, which I for one, like these kinds of looks.

Gameplay:- (9/10)
Graphics:- (7/10)
sound:- (7/10)
Longetivity:- (10/10)
Super Mario advance 3/Yoshi?s Island (33/40)

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #28
Mr.Fantastic
Banned

paperexe, can you review golden sun 2, because i don't know whether to buy it or not.

cheers,
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:07 AM   #29
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic
paperexe, can you review golden sun 2, because i don't know whether to buy it or not.

cheers,
ok :bigsmile:
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #30
Paper exe
Pwnd

Golden Sun the lost age~GBA(RPG)

It is RPG so it have towns and dungeon and of course there is world map
towns-there is alot of event and you can get alot of information
dungeons-there is alot of puzzles(the puzzles are great)and in most dungeon there is a boss(they are fun but very easy )
world map-here you can go in most dungeon and towns
in this game there is something called psynergy you can use it to do alot of things like restore HP and to do things like mind reading and left and move very light objects etc,in battles they are just like magic you have to level up to learn more psynergy(magic).
and there is djinns there is 4 types wind and earth and water and fire,you can use them to summon or to use there special move(every djinn have one special move),the more you get the stronger you will be,you can give every one in your team djinns so that he/she can learn different psynergy(magic) and djinns are the only collectable things in the game,they are every wear.
The battle system is very simple you can play with 4 characters in the battle you can attack or defend your self or summon or use any djinn special move(every djinn have different move) or use psynergy(magic) or use items.
about the sound,the sound effects are very clear but somethings don't have any sound effects and the music is very clear too and there is alot of them and they are good and about the graphics,this game look like a PS1 game with out polygons and there is cut scene when you summon.
The story is very good but you have to play the first Golden Sun game because Golden Sun the lost age is more like disk 2 then a sequel,if you have Golden Sun you can link with Golden Sun the lost age .

Sorry about the short reviews,my reviews are short because I don't talk about the story or what insaide the game etc because I think that it is spoiler I just say the main things about the game

Gameplay:- (8/10)
Graphics:- (9/10)
sound:- (8/10)
Longetivity:- (6/10)
Golden Sun the lost age:- (31/40)
one of the best RPG for GBA

Last edited by Paper exe; 03-05-2005 at 01:46 PM.