The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 10-30-2005, 02:31 AM   #151
Paper exe
Pwnd

You only need one Band Brother game to play from 2-8 players, any more then that they all need to buy there own game.
I guess calling the game "Card" in my review was misleading.

Off course you wouldn't find him Joe, because he is in the right.

Last edited by Paper exe; 10-30-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:32 AM   #152
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I'll spend the money if the product warrants purchasing, which Band Brothers most certainly does NOT!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #153
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

why doesn't it Joe? It looks very fun to me. We could create some great music together.

Paper, Would the game and its menus be hard to navigate for somebody who doesnt know any Japanese?
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #154
Paper exe
Pwnd

Not at all.
Even a 6 year old girl could figure it out by her self. If you are still having problems, just go to this site.
Translation Guide

Last edited by Paper exe; 10-30-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #155
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Sweet. I'm no 6 year old girl so I should be fine. But NiN and Alucard I don't know......
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #156
Paper exe
Pwnd

My next game is truly a surprise and I doubt any member here ever play it or at lest still own it. Good of war Intro stage was mostly stolen from this game and people mostly avoided the game and members here either hate it or don't know that it actually exists.
I will try beating the game, but if I couldn't then I will review something else.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #157
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Well if you don't end up reviewing it, could you at least let us know what game it is? You got me currious.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #158
Paper exe
Pwnd

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness~N64-Adventure

First of all, when I said Good of War intro was "Stolen" it didn't mean that it was really stolen. When I first played Good of Wars it just reminded me of this game. The Boss and the idea of the ship getting sink etc are all really nothing original to begin with.
After Playing CV Down of Sorrow and Arrow of Sorrow I just wanted to play a CV game. Because I am so cool I played this game instead of the newly PS2 and Xbox CV.
This game is actually an improved version, which was released for the same console and realesed after a year of the original game, which was called just CV. The Pal version of the first PS2 CV was also called CV. I don?t see what the point of doing that. Making a name isn?t really hard or at lest not as hard as what Konami of America and Europe makes it seems to be. This version has what the original have and with two extra playable characters one is like a side quest the other is a newly character with his own path and story and events.

Wow, I am starting to be very good at this. You cannot even tell if it was taken by an artist or me.

They have done a very good job on sound effects, but I cannot say the same to the music. They made the music on low volume and it is also very bad, the worst on all CV games I have ever played. What made it even worst is that most music are a matter of few tones that keep repeating on every three seconds. It is really not a matter of different opinions, the music surly are unlikable by any normal human being, hack, they didn?t write the name of the person that made the music in the credit. all what they write was the sound effect makers name. It is really a shame to all CV fans. Konami sure screw it.

The Hero looks like a container not a living creature when he gets thrown. Everything is dark and has a creepy atmosphere. The effect aren?t impressive and the models doesn?t look good and most places are kind of plan. All these stuff was what most N64 games looks like. I will be honest the Graphics weren?t bad in the days it was above average. There is some neat stuff like when you hit a skullten it losses an arm or a leg.
This game is full with slow downs. When fighting a huge Boss there is slow downs, when there are more then 3 enemies on screen, slow downs happens. To make it worst, on Stage 10 there is a Lava Ball when it appears a slow down happens which made it very annoying to go through it. How can one ball be the reason of a slow down is beyond me.

I went to all the effort to be humiliated to lose 1 HP in that Boss just to take a picture for you people.

You can hardly see a thing, because of the crappie camera. god knows how many times you will die, because of it. Dieing is not by enemies, but by that little hole that in front of you, which the camera refuses to turn to it and make you see it, so that you can see your way. What to do? Jump and wish you will land on a platform.
You can look on and also turn the camera to right to left and zoom out and zooming in.
You also have two kinds of viewing, normal and battle. Battle view let the camera only view what in front of you. Sometimes there is Auto view that happens on some areas. Even with all of this, the camera is very crappy and all these stuff didn?t help it much.

The control also has problems, especially jumping. About 75% is plat forming and avoiding all kind of obstacles, but here where the problem comes. First of all you have a very weak control on the length of your jump and you will also have to hold the A button so that the hero can hold the edge of the cliff. Not to mention the hero suicide if you are in the edge of a platform the hero will fall and if you get attacked and only about 10% of your HP is left then the 10% or less will go for no reason and the character will die. The only enjoyment is seeing that crappy character dies. Dieing, because of a crappy camera and bad movement and jumping is really frustrating. When playing, it feels that you have about 70% of the control. The only good thing they have done about jumping is that you don?t need to be directly in front of the cliff edge to grab the edge.

Back then, this scene used to look very impressive and I used to say to my brothers "Look! This is the proof that N64 is stronger and better then DC!!1!"

Combat is very weak and repetitive. Just go far away from the enemy and keep pressing the attack button until he/she dies. Your attack is a strong long rang beam. You need to wait for a second, so that the hero can do another attack, thought. All enemies die by 1-4 hits. Enemies battle are very few and the same with the enemies. All the enemies are familiar CV enemies, but on 3D with there same attacks. The enemies transfer pretty well from 2D to 3D, but they aren?t many and you will rarely fight any farther in the game. Enemies are very weak as will and you can easily kill them with the same and only attack (Go far away and Press B)
A trigger will be on the enemy and the hero will automatically attack him/her no matter if he is in the ground or in the sky. If you pressed A + any direction the Hero will make a quick jump on that direction. I only use it to dodge the attacks of that one kind of enemy that only appeared on one stage in the game.
There is a quick close rank and weak attack, but isn?t really usable when fighting enemies. It is there so that you can break the candles that hold items quickly.
They replaced hearts (AKA MP) with crystals; you can get maximum of 99. You need it to use weapons, but they are only 4 types of weapons and you can only hold one. They used the 2D CV weapons, but on 3D. the problem is they are all the same, because all enemies are trigged, so by using any attacks the hero will automatically hit the enemy. Only difference is that Knife is faster, but the Axe is stronger and the Cross is as strong and fast as both. This only limited the selection of items to two the Holy water and the cross others are the same, but slower or weaker. There are power up items that increase your attack level by one (Max is 3) and if you got more of the same type of weapon you will increase it level (Max is 3), but if you died or turned off the game you will return to normal.
There is also day and night element. The game time pass very quickly. Both are dark only that at Night it is stupidly dark, I sometimes cannot even tell if it was a door or a wall. Some doors can only be opened at Day and some at Night.
There are also stat effect, but only two, curse (cannot attack) and poison.
You can also find hidden items or buy items using money in the shop. There are only 7 kinds of items, which is very few.

I was originally planning to post the Lava Ball picture, but I was too lazy so I imagined that I toke a picture of it. Unfortunately I didn't, so you will have to view this crappy substitute picture instead.

Gameplay (4/10)
Graphics (6/10)
Sound (4/10)
Length (7/10)
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (21/40)

Those nerds at Gamespot actually gave this mediocre game a 8.2!

Last edited by Paper exe; 11-16-2005 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:14 AM   #159
Freeman

N64>DC o_O?!?!?
Paper stop smoking 10 sheeshas every night!

Hey Paper why not try reviewing an anime or a movie next?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:09 AM   #160
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Paper, don't you mean 'God of War'?
Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #161
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
N64>DC o_O?!?!?
Paper stop smoking 10 sheeshas every night!
You surly forgot about me when I was Redmask or when I just logged in as Paper EXE. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy back then. To be honest, DC is better.
Before I joined Magicbox I was even worst fanboy then Redmask him/her self.
I thought you would realize that when I said "Stronger". That was just one of my quotes back then.
Sam already know this, but I will say it anyway. If I didn?t join the MagicBox I might have been a fanboy for ever.

Quote:
Hey Paper why not try reviewing an anime or a movie next?
I am only a gamer, so it is the only thing that I am qualified to review.

Last edited by Paper exe; 11-12-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #162
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Yeah I remember playing Castlevania 64 and I found it pretty frustrating. I never played the improved version though. I just remember it has a Werewolf on the cover.
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:21 AM   #163
Paper exe
Pwnd

I also own the original. I bought this improved version thinking that it was the sequel, but then after finishing the first stage I found my self playing the same game all over again. I did have hard time believing this until I reached stage 3.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:43 AM   #164
Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
Paper, don't you mean 'God of War'?
Please, you don't want to know
So Paper-haji whatcha gonna be reviewing next?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #165
Paper exe
Pwnd

I don't know, but I am thinking of reviewing a N64 game.