The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Rubeus

Kingdom Hearts 3 director 'reconsidering' simultaneous worldwide releases after leak

Also given the current state of Switch piracy scene, Switch games are cloned almost instantaneously, it's almost like Switch release needs a separate release window.

Quote:
Kingdom Hearts 3 director 'reconsidering' simultaneous worldwide releases after leak

And explains how to unlock the game's secret video.

Tetsuya Nomura, director of Square Enix's long-running Kingdom Hearts series, has said that he's 'reconsidering' simultaneous worldwide releases for future projects, following the Kingdom Hearts 3 leaks that occurred last year.

Footage of the game's title screen, install screen, and more appeared online in December, after an individual began selling copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 via the Facebook Marketplace. Fan communities immediately placed a lock-down on the illicitly acquired footage, in order to avoid spoilers, and Nomura was prompted to release a statement reassuring players that the "biggest spoilers" weren't currently available in the game.

Now, in an interview with Famitsu (translated by Siliconera), Nomura has shared his feelings on the leak - which, he said, ultimately amounted to four copies of the game from a single source. "The only thing that really disappointed me about everything," he explained, "is that it brought sad thoughts to people who were looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3."

According to Nomura, the risk of such an incident is higher when simultaneous worldwide releases are involved and, as a result of the Kingdom Hearts 3 leak, he "can't help but reconsider what I'll do for my next games, including simultaneous worldwide releases of physical copies at the very least."

In more positive news, Nomura also offered some advice for those looking to unlock Kingdom Hearts 3's "biggest spoilers", the epilogue and secret movie, after releaese.

The epilogue video will arrive as a download next week, on January 30th, and can only been viewed once players have completed the main game and seen the ending. The secret movie, meanwhile, is scheduled to release on January 31st, and can be unlocked by photographing Mickey-shaped "lucky marks" around the world in-game.

According to Nomura, this time translated by Kotaku from the same Famitsu interview, the number of lucky marks required to view the secret movie depends on the selected difficulty. The harder the difficulty, it seems, the fewer the number of marks required. "For Proud," he explained, "only a few is okay, and even Standard isn't that strict, I think."

Kingdom Hearts 3 comes to Xbox One and PS4 next week, on January 29th, 13 years after the launch of Kingdom Hearts 2.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-hearts-3-leak

Last edited by Rubeus; 01-25-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

That makes absolutely no sense.

What and he thinks the japanese version won't get fan translated and leaked on the net?! What BS! The worldwide release is the best way to prevent loss of sales and spoilers. People just need to stay off youtube for a few days. That is much better than it being months apart.

Nomura just lost points with me here. Doesn't sound like he gives a shit about western fans.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

They don't care that much about spoilers it seems because they never even bothered to dish out shipping rules to online stores like EA/Bethesda does. My copy turned up today (Saturday) and it's not even out till Tuesday.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The title screen and install screen are considered spoilers? Also that footage isn't illicitly acquired. Dude just bought the import (I'm assuming).

Also, F Kingdom Hearts. I have the first two games, only played the first one but I don't think I got off of the intro island because I became piss-bored with the characters and gameplay. Like most Square games, the "fun" doesn't start until several hours in, and I don't have time to waste on the unnecessary boring parts. Also, I find the anime characters repugnant.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:14 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

There's a specific reason why it is like that. They want you to meet the inhabitants and world before they destroy it.

But, it is valid criticism. The start is usually slow paced. I do think 3D was right to the action though. But the slow paced thing was in 1, 2 and probably BBS. They do that when introducing new characters. I doubt 3 will be slow paced cause theres no new characters to introduce. But, i'll see when the thing finally arrives. It's a day late. :/
Old 01-31-2019, 06:51 AM   #6
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Why would they be destroying worlds in a Disney game? Seems kind of anti-Disney to me. I'm surprised Disney allowed it.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote