The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #16
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
I can see RE4 being totally ruined on a PC. Whats the fun and panic of trying to quickly aim before you die, when you have a mouse and can easily pinpoint headshots instantly.
I can already quickly aim and headshots easily and quickly as it is. Porting it to pc wouldn't make it any different really.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
Seraph
>:3

oh i beg to differ.

talking from a literal side of things, the analog stick simply cant move as fast as a mouse.

and talking froma practical side, the mouse is WAY easier to have lighting fast pinpoit accuracy. you just move, then stop, as fast as you flippan want. not "slowly push the analog stick forward till its where you want, then return it to the center"
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #18
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Ok I see where you're coming from with that, but with pc games they have an option of how fast the mouse can move the cursor, so you can have it set as the same speed as with the gamecube.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
Seraph
>:3

It still woudlnt work.

It would remove most the fear out of it for me. Instead of seing 8 guys come at you, and realizing you have to run because you cant kill them all, with a mouse i would pick them all off without breaking a sweat.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #20
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

The thing is it's already easy to take out the "normal" enemies. The only part that seems like it's harder to kill the regular enemies is in the mercinaires mode. But if you prefer the console version then that's you're preference, i'm not trying to convince you to like the idea of a pc port is all.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #21
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

Gah that Onimusha 3 demo was a waste. It didn't even go into full screen mode, but it did recognize my controller. It looked nice and did play faster as DarknessTear stated. It was just the very beginning where you fight up to the palace, then fight Nobunaga's metrosexual henchman, and then the demo ends. LAME! It didn't even have the cool CG intro movie either! Onimusha 3 is good though, I think I'll play the ps2 version now.
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #22
Alucard

Well it IS a demo. They dont want it to be too huge a download so they only put in a little gameplay so you get the idea of what its going to be like.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 AM   #23
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

Aww, but I mean it was about 2 minutes of gameplay. I guess it was just annoying because for some reason before the demo started, it kept showing these companies logos, and it never ended, then you get 2 minutes of play time. BAH!
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:35 AM   #24
Alucard

Yeah the logos are annoying, but its advertisement. The console has just as annoying ones, except with the PC you can skip them by pressing escape.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #25
B.B. Gambini
Banned

Thumbs up

thank you Capcom, i was gonna buy DMC3 SE but now ill just bootleg it for the PC and hook up my ps2 controller, and if RE4 has the extra material from the ps2 ill bootleg that too, make another fighter damn it!
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #26
Alucard

Avatar is approved Gambini. By me.