The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-28-2021, 11:37 PM   #1
Rubeus

Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series creator Juro Watari leaves Sega

Quote:
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series creator Juro Watari leaves Sega

"My future is still unclear," Watari says,

Juro Watari, creator of the Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series, has left Sega as of February 28, he announced in a series of tweets.

An announcement. I have left Sega as of the end of February, Watari said. I am grateful to the many who took care of me during my time at Sega. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest appreciation. Thank you very much!

He continued, My future is still unclear. I hope that with guidance and encouragement, I can find a new workplace and an interesting theme that I can pour my heart into.

As for the future of the Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series, Watari said, I imagine many of you may be worried about, What happens to Virtual-On? While Im sorry to say that I dont have an answer for you right now, if there are any developments at Sega in the future, I would like to watch with anticipation how it plays out alongside everyone.

As a final supplement, Watari said that there were not any troubles that led to his resignation.

The latest entry in the Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series is Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Masterpiece 1995~2001 for PlayStation 4, which is a digital-only compilation of Cyber Troopers Virtual-On, Cyber Troopers Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram M.S.B.S. Ver. 5.66, and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force with online multiplayer support. It launched in November 2019 in Japan.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/cybe...ri-leaves-sega
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:24 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Totally looks like he was pushed to resign though.

But, there is no need for virtual on. Gundam vs scratches that itch and has a big IP.