The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 07-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
Rubeus

Splinter Cell is back as a Netflix anime. A little John Wick with your Sam Fisher

Click for full size

Quote:
Splinter Cell is back as a Netflix anime

A little John Wick with your Sam Fisher

That headline is a rollercoaster of emotions. Fans have been waiting for more Splinter Cell for years, and Ubisoft just simply refuses to announce that a new one is in the works. Instead, the diehards will have to settle for a Netflix-exclusive show.

Splinter Cell is getting an anime adaption on Netflix, as it becomes the latest video game series to get an animated show. John Wick writer Derek Kolstad is attached as writer and executive producer. It's reported that Netflix has already greenlit 16 episodes over two seasons.

Maybe this will remind Ubisoft that Splinter Cell exists outside of Ghost Recon crossover events.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...e-599117.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 01:01 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I can't wait for all animation to be called Anime just to sell it to weebs who think it is a anime.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
Reality
Sin and Punishment

What are the requirements for something to be an anime anyway? Is it the low frames of animation? Maybe all the screen time dedicated to walking?
Old 08-02-2020, 11:57 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They must have :

1) At least one japanese working on it, could be for anything, like pencil holder for the animator.

2) Must be a "adult" animation, cause you know, Hamtaro was extremely violent and sexualized.

3) Hire someone like me to justify it calling it an anime.

I'm really hoping they have big eyes and have a catch phrase like Datte bayo after every time he talks and one girl must have massively big boobs to appease the male gaze and she gets into wacky situations that involve her falling like a klutz and falling on the main characters head and her boobs pressed against him and they act all shy cause they secretly love each other! OH MAN! I can't wait for this splinter cell anime! I sold it on myself!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote