The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #4411
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

You know Siren: Blood Curse is a retelling of Siren 1 on the PS2 right? only better.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #4412
Alucard

I tried giving it a shot on the ps3. I wish it scared me or interested me. But after an hour I threw it away. It just annoyed me.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #4413
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
You know Siren: Blood Curse is a retelling of Siren 1 on the PS2 right? only better.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I tried giving it a shot on the ps3. I wish it scared me or interested me. But after an hour I threw it away. It just annoyed me.
Great news! I'll probably love it then.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #4414
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
I played the PS2 game and the PS3 demo of Siren. It got scary atmosphere. I just dislike the control. Kinda confusing sometimes.
Currently Playing : Tales of Phantasia [PSVita]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #4415
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible View Post
Great news! I'll probably love it then.
Yep! Your standards are way lower then mine so you'll be good
Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #4416
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I just hate the controls to it, and sometimes you don't quite understand what you're supposed to do to survive. Like, there is only one real thing to do but they make it seem like you can do lots of things in it. That's what annoyed me about the game.

But I enjoyed it for what it was.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #4417
justin_credible

Quote:
Yep! Your standards are way lower then mine so you'll be good
Yep That's because you're the pc elitist graphics whore video game snob.

Seriously you hate on most video games, sometimes I'm not even sure if you're a video game fan at all. I'd much rather be me who enjoys a wide variety of games. But I think half the games you hate on you're just takling shit and have never played or actually do like, but you're trying to be l33t. But you are a member of the glorious pc master slave race so maybe you're seriously that stuck up. But I see the pattern you always "play game x for an hour or two and hated it" It's kind of just childish I think. Makes me wonder if you get stuck in these games without your pc cheat mods and throw your control at the wall like a whiny baby and start yelling "I HATE THAT GAME, I'M GOING TO GO TELL PEOPLE ON TEH MAGICBOX!"

There's members on this forum that have no standards at all and beats games like 50 cent Blood in the Sand, why don't you go get on their case? Siren was made by the director of Silent Hill which is one of the best survivor horror series ever. If it wasn't the norm that you go around hating on a lot of good games maybe I would respect your opinion, but since you do it so often it means nothing.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #4418
Northeastmonk

With all do respect, Alucard does have a nice selection of titles.. via Steam. I personally feel his taste goes towards a PC-enthusiast. Much like those who play a vast majority of titles, but plays his own style.

I've met much worse in my life. Just imagine those who play all those off-brand free online games with character optimization and et cetera. Like how I feel about games like Ragnarok, Maple Story, and any of those titles that get huge reception but you never hear a single thing about them.

I look at games like Maple Story and wonder wth are they thinking!? And Second Life.. I still wonder to this day what made that popular. I wouldn't want it to represent online gaming at all.

http://www.freemmogamer.com/2008/09/...ofps-list.html
^I mean, look at the grab bag of crap out there.

He spends his hard earned money on at least "respectable" titles.

Its like me promoting a single player game to a bunch of online only enthusiast. I debate as long as I can (like I do) and I get thrown the same "story games suck, I don't want to be bored, and if there isn't any online multiplayer then I'm not playing at all".
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #4419
Alucard

Quote:
I'd much rather be me who enjoys a wide variety of games.

This bit here is the only useful part of your angry little xbox tantrum. To be honest its very annoying having my set of personal standards for how I enjoy games. I used to play heaps of crap when younger but as I got older I got more pickier. So you being able to pick up anything and have fun with it does make me a little envious.

I may seem to like PC games more, but thats because my favourite type of genres arent on the consoles so thats not really any choice I've made, and majority of the games at the moment are multiplatform, of which I prefer to get the PC version if it ends up better than the rest of the versions. To me its just simple logic. Wouldnt call it favouritism.

Although playing a game for 2 hours or so and then dropping it because I dont find it fun isnt something I think is fair to be called out on. Play a game you're curious about, if it turns out to be not enjoyable, ditch it. Too many games on too many platforms to waste time playing something I'm finding as average or crap. And yes, I knew about the director, which is why I was interested in playing siren. But lets get something clear, it is not even in the same league as silent hill. No different to games like Deus Ex, which was godly, and Deus Ex 2, made by the same guy, which was complete and utter SHIT. Not everything a guy makes is gold.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #4420
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
There's members on this forum that have no standards at all and beats games like 50 cent Blood in the Sand, why don't you go get on their case? Siren was made by the director of Silent Hill which is one of the best survivor horror series ever. If it wasn't the norm that you go around hating on a lot of good games maybe I would respect your opinion, but since you do it so often it means nothing.
It's funny you should mention that because on average Forbidden Siren and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand have the same score ratings.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #4421
justin_credible

Quote:
This bit here is the only useful part of your angry little xbox tantrum. To be honest its very annoying having my set of personal standards for how I enjoy games. I used to play heaps of crap when younger but as I got older I got more pickier. So you being able to pick up anything and have fun with it does make me a little envious.

I may seem to like PC games more, but thats because my favourite type of genres arent on the consoles so thats not really any choice I've made, and majority of the games at the moment are multiplatform, of which I prefer to get the PC version if it ends up better than the rest of the versions. To me its just simple logic. Wouldnt call it favouritism.

Although playing a game for 2 hours or so and then dropping it because I dont find it fun isnt something I think is fair to be called out on. Play a game you're curious about, if it turns out to be not enjoyable, ditch it. Too many games on too many platforms to waste time playing something I'm finding as average or crap. And yes, I knew about the director, which is why I was interested in playing siren. But lets get something clear, it is not even in the same league as silent hill. No different to games like Deus Ex, which was godly, and Deus Ex 2, made by the same guy, which was complete and utter SHIT. Not everything a guy makes is gold.
Xbox tantrum? Where did I mention Xbox? What does Xbox have to do with anything? So now all consoles to you = Xbox? I thought we were talking about Siren which is a PS3 game, you dont even know what system it's on?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #4422
Alucard

Quote:
Xbox tantrum? Where did I mention Xbox? What does Xbox have to do with anything? So now all consoles to you = Xbox? I thought we were talking about Siren which is a PS3 game, you dont even know what system it's on?
The loudest people are usually xbox gamers, excluding nintendo gamers who get upset with zelda scores. Besides, you focused on abusing me about PCs in a thread about a ps3 game, meaning that you were confused by your reckoning. You cant double back
Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #4423
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Why must such little things suddenly be turned into a shitstorm for no reason? Honestly.

OT, I pre-ordered an awesome new book coming out soon, with the usual awesome cover art of all of Thorpe's books. The artist is pretty dang talented:

Click for full size

Also got a new model to model and paint, called the Razorwing. Sleek and sexy jetfighter-style ship. Should be fun. Trying to find ways to get off the computer a bit, lack of sleep + staring at a PC screen = bad.

Click for full size
Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #4424
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Also got a new model to model and paint, called the Razorwing. Sleek and sexy jetfighter-style ship. Should be fun. Trying to find ways to get off the computer a bit, lack of sleep + staring at a PC screen = bad.
You're probably sleep deprived, you should go out for a jog. So you don't end up collapsing like those people in the news.

These mini pizzas are not filling at all. It doesn't matter how concerned you are bout your weight. They just don't fill you up.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 08-13-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #4425
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

Just bought Bayonetta for 15 bucks. Also purchased the God of War Origins Collection, cant wait to dig into that.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote