The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #5041
bujeezus

i'd really have to see for myself what you're talking about, but i can see how the vita version would make more sense. takin my eyes off the tv to look at the wiiu doesn't sound very entertaining tho or do you not do that?
Old 09-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #5042
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
i'd really have to see for myself what you're talking about, but i can see how the vita version would make more sense. takin my eyes off the tv to look at the wiiu doesn't sound very entertaining tho or do you not do that?
I think the Wii U version was designed so one seperate person used the gamepad to help the others across the level. On the PS3/360 this is done simple by holding a button wich makes it completely not intereactive. I imagine on the Vita version you can move on the screen instead of pressing just the button.

Actions include rotating the rooms, breaking ropes, moving platforms.
In all honesty i didnt like legends as much as i did Origins because its an experience tailored for multiplayer, while the original was pretty strong single player in wich others could join in.

Last edited by Nem; 09-06-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #5043
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

haha, this is what happens when you don't read the manual in a sim game.

Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #5044
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
That tells me you havent played the demo. Its assynchronous play. You rotate levels and move platforms so you can advance. On the 360/PS3 this is all automated with one button. You're not interacting with the game world at all.
Besides that with the track record of input delay issues, i wouldnt risk buying any platformers on the 360.

Theres a demo on psn. Go play that before acting like snobs. The game was designed with touch control input in mind.
Actually I played the demo on a Wii U kiosk and decided that I would stick with the Rayman Legends that I already had on the PS3. Actually it's not called Rayman Legends, but it looks identical. It came out a couple of years ago. Origins? Oh well, different word similar meaning. And I generally HATE touch controls. I would rather push a button than take my hands off of the controller to move some silly thing around. So very gimmicky. Only children like gimmicks that that. I'll take the non-gimmicky version, thanks. And I think controlling a character onscreen is indeed interacting with the game world.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #5045
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Actually I played the demo on a Wii U kiosk and decided that I would stick with the Rayman Legends that I already had on the PS3. Actually it's not called Rayman Legends, but it looks identical. It came out a couple of years ago. Origins? Oh well, different word similar meaning. And I generally HATE touch controls. I would rather push a button than take my hands off of the controller to move some silly thing around. So very gimmicky. Only children like gimmicks that that. I'll take the non-gimmicky version, thanks. And I think controlling a character onscreen is indeed interacting with the game world.
Its how they designed the game. I didnt say i like it. I said it felt bad to have it all automated when its supposed to be interactive.
The touching thing really isnt a problem on the Vita since your fingers are right next to the screen but i doubt you have one.

With that said i recommend you do stick to origins. It seems like a much better game to me.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #5046
Dj Jimmi Zero

Not the best fighter, but a good game, and it's cheaper than all the "Capcom rehashes" people have been complaining about.

I like One Piece, I also like Dynasty Warriors, this'll be a fun romp.

Could have spent less on it by buying the PSN version, I also would have had some points leftover to buy Shigechi(he's 300yen), Yoshikage Kira was free, but I needed to download a separate patch off the PSN store to use the DLC. The game itself looks like it's capable of running at 60fps and it kinda sucks that it doesn't have the same frame rate consistency as the Naruto games, still fun for anyone that's a Jojo fan.

I had the US version for a while, but I wasn't sure if I'd posted it yet.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #5047
Nem
Smash bro!

I dont feel like bothering with pictures atm, but i got KOFXIII for the PS3 for 7.5 euros and regretted it cause it controls as bad as the 360 version and Way of the samurai 4 for 15 euros. Looks to be what i expected so i didnt get disappointed there.
These were on the PSN sales, so they are both digital.

Last edited by Nem; 09-13-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #5048
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
A 1600 Dollar Gaming Computer! Deciding to get all up to date parts is expensiveee! I knew I should have just bought Amazing Spider-man 25 from 1964! Comic book store was selling a copy for 1400 dollars, not a bad condition and CGC of 8.9
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #5049
bujeezus

hard corps uprising $2.50, castlevania sotn $3.50 and pacific rim $10. love the first 2. pacific rim is just "meh". maybe the vs mode will be a little more fun when i get the kids this weekend.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #5050
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I'm away for the week but I'll have these coming in the post.

I won't be able to play GTAV until Saturday.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #5051
bujeezus

you know the steam sales are gettin a little ridiculous when you actually forget you bought somethin. don't remember when, but i picked up colonial marines (i know, i know but hell, i liked duke nukem. this can't be any worse than that) for $5 and i found it last nite scrolling thru my library trying to decide what to play.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #5052
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
you know the steam sales are gettin a little ridiculous when you actually forget you bought somethin. don't remember when, but i picked up colonial marines (i know, i know but hell, i liked duke nukem. this can't be any worse than that) for $5 and i found it last nite scrolling thru my library trying to decide what to play.
If you're browsing Steam through a web browser, then it sounds like you need Enhanced Steam.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #5053
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
I won't be able to play GTAV until Saturday.
Lemme know how you liked Soul Hackers.

This was my last binge before I go back overseas. Bioshock was $15!!!!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #5054
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I got the same external just last monday
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #5055
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

I took a WD over with me last year that had all of my music on it - and it died two days after I got there.

I bought another 1TB and I had problems with it within a month.

I'm sticking with Seagate from now on.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote