The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 10-23-2020, 12:01 AM   #1
Rubeus

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light is coming to Switch for a 'limited ti

I would prefer a SNES version of any Fire Emblem game instead.

Click for full size

Quote:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light is coming to Switch for a 'limited time'

'For the first time in the US'

Here Nintendo is with yet another surprise, and yet another "limited time release!" It's been an insane year.

Just this morning, the publisher has announced that the Marth-starring Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light will be available "for the first time in the US" on December 4. Note that this is the 1990 game that started it all for the 30-year-running franchise; which helped bring tactical grid-based combat to the forefront.

When it hits on December 4 it'll cost you $5.99 to pick up, but again, there's a catch. Nintendo says, specifically, that the game will "only be available to purchase until the end of the franchise’s 30th anniversary on March 31, 2021." You can find more info on the game itself here.

Note that they are doing a similar marketing scheme with Mario 3D All-Stars, as well as Super Mario Bros. 35. Jump Rope Challenge initially was marketed with this same "limited-time" angle, but the company relented and made it available for the foreseeable future. Time will tell what happens here, just know that for now, you're on a timer. It's getting a little out of hand at this point.

A 30th anniversary edition is also coming to "select retailers," which will run you $49.99. It comes with a replica NES game and box, as well as a 222-page art book, an NES style manual, a Nintendo Power collectible and game download code.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...--607560.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 08:04 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
me wants that collectors edition! Too bad the game didn't come in a cart with it. oh well.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

"the first time in the west"

DS Shadow Dragon: "Am i a joke to you?!"