The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-13-2018, 08:06 AM   #61
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

First!

Great game. I skipped most of the side content though, wanted to just get a good taste of the game before I buy the inevitable PC version and really sink my teeth into it.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #62
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I'm about half way through it and taking as much of my time as I can. I'm already planning new games where I do nothing but be a trapper, or a professional gambler and general degenerate. Should be fun.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #63
Nem
Smash bro!

Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ on PS4.

Took me about 70 hours though i had some idle time in there.

What to say? Falcom delivers a great game again. It was so easy to make a boring game with this. Tokyo mirage sessions proved it to me not long ago. The premise is quite honestly clichι anime, but Falcom manages to deliver interesting and deep takes on the characters and world. The combat is always sweet with them. Real time or turn based.
This game can also be described as a "Trails of" game with "Ys" inspired combat. It is truly a merger of their two other franchises with a modern anime clichι take that they just manage to make work.

I had fun during those 70 hours. Even doing the expected fishing mini-game. They manage to make everything feel rewarding and uncumbersome. I never felt like i'm wasting time, on the contrary, aside from some short side-quests where i would skip dialogue i had fun all the time.

Also, graphics truly are meaningless. This game had the most basic 3D graphics and was one of the most fun JRPG's i played in recent memory.

Honestly, Falcom is probably the best JRPG studio at the moment. They consistantly deliver.

It raised the bar for Ys8, wich i got waiting in the backlog. But knowing that Ys is typically light on story, it's an unfair expectation. I still need to finish Trails of cold steel 2 as well. When will they announce the localisations for 3&4? :/
Old 11-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #64
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Great game. I skipped most of the side content though, wanted to just get a good taste of the game before I buy the inevitable PC version and really sink my teeth into it.

I'm surprised they haven't taken this time to port RDR1 to the PC tbh. I mean PC only guys are going to only get half the story with RDR2.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #65
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

It's got awhile to go, but the RPCS3 emulator has made great strides in emulating the game.

It took the PC community about a solid year to get Breath of the Wild to a fully playable state where the game was running fine, matched all the visuals of the Wii U, and had no major gamebreaking problems. Red Dead is about 4-5 months along.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #66
bujeezus

Beat Sundered this past week. I didn't want that game to end. Loved it!
Old 12-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #67
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Good ol Batman fun!

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 12-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #68
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
It's got awhile to go, but the RPCS3 emulator has made great strides in emulating the game.

It took the PC community about a solid year to get Breath of the Wild to a fully playable state where the game was running fine, matched all the visuals of the Wii U, and had no major gamebreaking problems. Red Dead is about 4-5 months along.

When I can play Demon's Souls on my pc that's going to be a good day.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
Old 12-29-2018, 11:32 PM   #69
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
The one good thing about the emulation scene is that they take it very seriously, pretty much everything will be emulated in the future.

Grateful it too, Most games will stop working after years from various things, like battery leaks in carts, CD rot, etc.
Without emulation and roms, a lot of games would be lost.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #70
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
The one good thing about the emulation scene is that they take it very seriously, pretty much everything will be emulated in the future.

Grateful it too, Most games will stop working after years from various things, like battery leaks in carts, CD rot, etc.
Without emulation and roms, a lot of games would be lost.
When it comes to rom archiving

Old 01-04-2019, 01:11 AM   #71
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Bad year for me overall. Life just got to much in the way of gaming. Which sucks. Hoping for a better year this time.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #72
DavidBronx

Hi everyone!

If you need a quality content on any topic related to gaming (for example review on some of games beaten in 2018) you can follow my profile or this page bestcustomwriting.
DavidBronx is offline   Reply With Quote