The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
Alucard

Final Fantasy XIV launch details

So, anyone wanting to play this game looks like you'll have to pick the PC version for now.

Quote:
Square Enix Limited, the publisher of SQUARE ENIX interactive entertainment products in Europe, North America and other PAL territories, announced today that the highly anticipated MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game FINAL FANTASY XIV is set for global release on 30 September 2010 for Windows PC, with the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system version releasing in early March 2011.

In advance of the September 30 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition, which is available in Europe from 22 September, will offer early access to adventurers eager to embark on this new chapter in the FINAL FANTASY series by granting access to the realm of Eorzea. Furthermore, the Beta phase for the Windows version will begin in early July 2010.

FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition includes:

# EARLY ACCESS – Play a few days prior to the release of the PC Standard Edition
# BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD – Get an insider look at the making of FINAL FANTASY XIV with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD
# SECURITY TOKEN – A FINAL FANTASY XIV branded Security Token used in addition to your regular password
# ADVENTURERS BRANDED TUMBLER – Carry a small piece of Eorzea around with you with this branded tumbler
# MAP OF EORZEA – A detailed map showing the key areas of Eorzea, essential for the committed traveller
# TRAVEL JOURNAL – Record your travels in this journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art
# FREE GAMEPLAY– 30-day free gameplay
# GUEST PASS – Invite a friend to play free for a limited time
# GAME DISC
# GAME MANUAL

FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition pre-orders will include the Onion Helm, an exclusive in-game item that accelerates character recovery after falling in battle. FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Standard Edition pre-orders will include a pair of Garlond Goggles, an exclusive in-game item that increases the speed of skill progression.

For those who had registered their FINAL FANTASY XIII Campaign Codes, it will be possible to apply this code to the Windows PC version of FINAL FANTASY XIV. The users will receive a pair of Asuran Armguards, an exclusive in-game item that will enhance the effectiveness of the player’s equipped arm or tool.

All new FINAL FANTASY XIV game packages come with a 30 day free gameplay period. Players will receive a discount to their initial service fees in the form of a complimentary, all-access pass to the new realm of Eorzea. Following this free gameplay, the regular 30-day subscription fee will be €12.99 (UK £8.99). Each additional character will be €3.00 (UK £2.10) per month with a maximum of eight characters per account. For each account, one retainer (a non-playable character that will maintain item sales within the game as well as provide item storage while the user is logged out of the game) will be free of charge with each additional retainer being €1.00 per month (UK £0.70).

The FINAL FANTASY XIV PlayStation 3 version will be available early March 2011 with the pricing announced at a later time.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55...th-In-The-West

Beta is this month.

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I came.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
don't, it sucks! But the character models are awesome looking tho.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
NES4EVER
Gibby

bottom screen looks amazing..

MMO's cause to much backlog of regular gaming for me. Think I'm done with them forever, despite the urge to revisit Norrath, Azeroth & Albion.

The new Star Wars one looked good too.
PSN ID - GIBBYVA
NES4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

My brother is big into FFXI, so I'm curious if all his friends there are going to switch to this one...

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Well I'll 100% be getting it, probably the Collecters edition too, so I'll have a guest pass going if anyone fancies it. Never really played MMOs and where better to start than a favorite Gaming series?

PC version is £10 cheaper to pre-order than the PS3 one.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES4EVER View Post
bottom screen looks amazing..
i think that's an fmv.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
Northeastmonk

If I had the access, this would be my pick for MMO. But its because I like the FF series.

I wonder if they're using Play Online still and if the entire game runs off a blue ray or is there a large install. To those on the beta,
Cheers!
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

King I'm not sure about this one but would love for you to hit me up with a guest pass when you can. My friends want the game but there are alot of GOOD games coming out within the next few months (Starcraft 2) and I'm not sure I want to commit.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm in the closed beta too, if they fixed the controls, I will be happy, it's near impossible to play that's how bad they are and there isn't any direction of what to do even after they give you something to do.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Zack

ps3 beta or pc?
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #12
spider-prime

PC. PS3 beta isn't going to start for a long time! 4 months at least is from what I know that they've told us. Typing this crap could get me kicked out for NDA but whatever, it sucks balls. I still haven't found a fun MMO yet.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #13
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

Would be playing this if it weren't for TERA.

Looks very awesome.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:59 AM   #14
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I still haven't found a fun MMO yet.
The Torchlight MMO is gonna be fun. Just you wait and see.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #15
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
King I'm not sure about this one but would love for you to hit me up with a guest pass when you can. My friends want the game but there are alot of GOOD games coming out within the next few months (Starcraft 2) and I'm not sure I want to commit.
Sure thing, I'll send you when I get it.