The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Gog.com gets even awesomer! Witcher 2 without DRMs!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/17/th...m-from-gog-co/

GoG.com has announced that its version of The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings Digital Premium Edition will be the only version to ship without any sort of digital rights management. In a press release, managing director Guillaume Rambourg noted that, "DRM is not an effective way to combat piracy," adding that user experience has always been his company's "main concern." Of course, it's also worth noting that developer CD Projekt owns GoG.com, so it's understandable its version would receive a few perks.

If your main concern is to play The Witcher 2 without jumping through extra hoops, it looks like GoG.com is the way to go.

I was going to buy this game off of steam... glad I waited.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
calintz
thank you based god

can't wait
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Alucard

I'd have bought it from them too. But I want the hardcover art book so I'll be getting it from some retard store. Most likely amazon since my local stores preorders all ran out. Wankers. Who the fuck is buying this game. I thought pc games didnt sell. Crytek told me this.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I've never ever had a problem with any DRM. People always make threads whingeing about GFWL, SecuROM and stuff and just, I've never ever had any problems with anything. Even with the Ubisoft DRM which everyone complained about and people refused to buy Assassins Creed 2 because of it, just revert your saves to local in the options and it was fixed and I had 0 problems playing; I had problems for the first 10 minutes or so it took me to google search this solution, which was just ticking a box. And thats the only problem I've had.

If I would buy this game, I'd still probably nab it on Steam unless its cheaper/more features over at GOG.com since I do like having all my games on Steam. I've learnt to just completely ignore all the horror stories of DRM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I'd have bought it from them too. But I want the hardcover art book so I'll be getting it from some retard store. Most likely amazon since my local stores preorders all ran out. Wankers. Who the fuck is buying this game. I thought pc games didnt sell. Crytek told me this.
I'd love to have that art book, especially after seeing the pdf of the first one but I can't see me spending that kind of money for that. I really wish there was a middle version with the game and art book.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
Alucard

Me too. But I get what I want and I want that art book. Gonna put it beside the first one.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm getting it from gog just for the fact that after I download it, I can take the exe file and shove it on a DVD/bluray and never have to download it again!.... unless that disc copy breaks.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Vegetto
Alive

bah I already pre ordered this months ago on steam
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

You can't get your money back from a pre-order?

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #10
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Not off Steam.