The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #1
Rubeus

Buying Samurai Shodown before June 30 will net you the season pass for free

Game looks pretty cool, I want to see how the reviews are like before buying it.

Click for full size

Quote:
Buying Samurai Shodown before June 30 will net you the season pass for free

YATTA!

Samurai Shodown will be launching for PS4 and Xbox One on June 25 and anyone interested now has some incentive to grab it early. All purchases of the game done before June 30 will be given the season pass at the low, low price of free! This extends to both physical and digital copies, though you'll need to redeem the offer before the cutoff with a physical purchase.

In a press release, SNK president Koichi Toyama said, "As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise installments, we're pleased to offer the first six months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game's season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters."

That quote brings up an interesting idea. It seems the four planned characters will be released within half a year of launch. That could mean the eventual Switch and PC ports will contain all of the extra characters, or that a second season will be coming in 2020. Whatever the case, you won't be missing out on content if you decide to nab Samurai Shodown at launch. I can get behind that.

https://www.destructoid.com/buying-s...e-553615.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Shit like that makes me think they don't have confidence that they will earn good review scores.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

The game looks fairly decent but another posibility is that they'll be going with what most developers have done in the past, went far ahead and they're already planning a full update that will make this one useless and let's be honest, this game is coming too quick since the announcement.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
Shit like that makes me think they don't have confidence that they will earn good review scores.
Sometimes, very rarely, it isn't a scam.

SNK did DLC right with KOFXIV. They had 50 characters at launch and added 2 packs of 4. None of this season pass BS. They announced and a few weeks later all 4 characters were out.

Many people already played Samurai showdown and it's pretty good.

SNK probably is just worried that the lower number of characters pushes people away after the KOF bonanza, i gather.

But, the game is already a sucess from pre-orders alone. It's their highest pre-ordered one and already broke even.

So, i don't see this one as a scam. They want people to buy the game at full price and bank the green. It's actually, not a bad deal, since this game is quite the step up in graphics from KoF.

AKA, this is not the company you need to worry about. At least for now.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

You make a solid argument.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:04 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Wow... i just actually watched the trailer and that Dojo feature sounds great. I'm too competitive and hate losing, so i don't play online, cause to be competitive online requires a hell of a lot of practice. But an AI that emulates you ideally will create matches just right in difficulty.