Old 04-17-2019, 01:04 AM   #1
Rubeus

Microsoft's disc-less Xbox One S All-Digital Edition launches May 7 for $250

Too expensive, should've been $179.

Click for full size

Quote:
Microsoft's disc-less Xbox One S launches May 7 for $250

Introducing the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

What's a disc drive worth to you? If it's $50 (or less), there's a new Xbox that you might be interested in.

All the leaks were spot-on. During today's Inside Xbox stream, Microsoft revealed the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition -- a new model of the Xbox One S that comes without the optical drive, meaning that it's incapable of playing disc-based media. Otherwise, the All-Digital Edition shares all the same features as a standard Xbox One S; it has identical computing specs and a 1TB internal hard drive.

Jeff Gattis, Microsoft's general manager of platform and devices marketing, says "The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is about providing choice. As with anything we work on, our customers are at the center of our product development process and general consumer behavior suggests there's a strong appetite for digital experiences today. We think of the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition as an option that caters to audiences who prefer to find and play their games digitally. We're not looking to push customers toward digital; it's about meeting the needs of customers that are digital natives that prefer digital-based media and providing value with the most affordable Xbox One console."

Gattis is adamant about preserving this model's position as "the most affordable Xbox One." The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition will launch on May 7 for $250. The standard Xbox One S retails for $300. Gattis explains that Microsoft wants to maintain a $50 (or larger) price gap between the two, because "the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is designed to make console gaming more accessible to more people."

Anyone who plans on picking up the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition is getting a starter trio of games -- Sea of Thieves, Minecraft, and Forza Horizon 3. They all come as packed-in digital codes because, well, you know.

https://www.destructoid.com/microsof...0-550292.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
hahahaha durr, this obviously worked for sony, so why not us? lol good ol MS. PSP Go did so awesome. lolol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

None of that physical media stuff for me thanks, I wanna be completely fucked when my net or their servers go down. No sir-eey I don't wanna be playing the latest and greatest in times like that, I wanna be stuck playing old games like a savage.

Actually that last line isn't completely in jest.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #4
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Who would buy this? Who would sell it?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:04 AM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

At the end of the day it's cheaper to buy a regular xbox one s and never use any physical games in the system.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
At the end of the day it's cheaper to buy a regular xbox one s and never use any physical games in the system.
That's what doesn't make sense to me. Its' not much cheaper! who the hell would buy this? sure it comes with games, but games nobody wants anymore.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:48 PM   #7
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Testing the waters as they say. They just want to make sure if people is dumb enough to give away their rights as consumers and have complete control over their sales.

They want to make the dream where gaming is all about services and renting, a truly antincosumer nightmare.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:25 AM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Oh... it really is the Xbox SAD.

I thought it was a joke. xD
Old 04-21-2019, 02:02 AM   #9
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
hahahaha durr, this obviously worked for sony, so why not us? lol good ol MS. PSP Go did so awesome. lolol
A lot has changed since then with digital sales overtaking hard copies at this point.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:46 AM   #10
spider-prime

the thing that changed was more easily fooled people!