The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 04-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #631
javi

What about from Marvel?
Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #632
Drunken Savior

I donno. I know they are doing an 'Avengers v X-Men' thing right now. Don't know if it'll be worthwhile investing in though.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #633
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

It won't be.^

Ultimate spiderman cartoon was pretty good. Marvel has a whole segment block of cartoons in disney XD channel.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #634
javi

The only thing that I ever read from Marvel was Avengers: Disassembled, House of M: 1 & 2, and a couple of X-Men Comics. I was more of an X-Men fan when it came to reading comics, and my uncle raised me very well to become a fan. My favorite X-Men comic by far was the hard cover of the first and second issue of Astonishing X-Men. I did read the third issue, but I thought it was just okay, even though the story was forgettable.
Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #635
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on a current comic that I can read? I'm only asking because its been over 4 years since I last read a comic.
IDW's new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles book is very good too. You can get the first trade paperback already, and another is one the way.

TMNT issue 1 review

A nitpicky review of TMNT Volume 1

Last edited by eastx; 04-02-2012 at 04:22 AM.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #636
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Thanks Einhander for the Spidey links! Both series started airing today.

but for Javi, Just start from the beginning of New Avengers, not the 2nd volume, but starting with the break out of the prison the Raft.
http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Vol-B..._bxgy_b_text_b

This is the beginning of all of Marvel's main stories other than Secret War and after Avengers Disassembled. But since you got House of M, you would just need Civil war, World war Hulk, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear itself and now the next main part is Avengers vs X-men which is starting next week. The Phoenix is coming back and it's coming for Hope, the first mutant after House of M, the one that Cable raised in the future, Cable already tried to kill the Avengers cause he knows what they planned to do, which is kill Hope before the phoenix possesses her.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 AM   #637
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
after watching Ultimate Spidey, I like it, cause I knew what it was going to be like, more comedy than story/action. So it was good. But I wish they would just make a spidey series that is like the comics. Look at Marvel's most popular series, the Fox Kids X-men and spidey and now Avengers. All cause they kept with the characters while making a story that is interesting.

But I might be surprised, I shall give the show a more chance to get started, they might do some really cool things. But Spectacular is still the best Spidey series.

I have to wait to watch Avengers with my brothers, they got hooked on it also.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #638
Alucard

Star wars Clone wars is way better then all of those combined.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #639
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Yeah, the new Ultimate Spider Man series is pretty funny. I'm enjoying it. But no doubt it'll get more serious down the line.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #640
javi

I don't want to spend any money on comics right now, since I'm putting my money on art supplies. Is there a website that I can go to that posts comics for people to read, like a manga site?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #641
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
The only thing that I ever read from Marvel was Avengers: Disassembled, House of M: 1 & 2, and a couple of X-Men Comics. I was more of an X-Men fan when it came to reading comics, and my uncle raised me very well to become a fan. My favorite X-Men comic by far was the hard cover of the first and second issue of Astonishing X-Men. I did read the third issue, but I thought it was just okay, even though the story was forgettable.
If you are looking for marvel stuff, especially xmen, I'd suggest some of the older arcs as they generally have much much much better stories. Mostly because chris claremont spent 30 years developing those characters as opposed to just throwing random stuff in every other arc. Look for The Dark Phoenix Saga(Uncanny xmen 129-137) and X-tinction Agenda(Uncanny xmen 270-272, xfactor 60-62 and new mutants 95-97) the start of the reboot of xmen in the early 90s was also wonderful(xmen 1-3) As for the Avengers I always suggest Galactic storm as a good starting arc, Ultimates 1&2 are decent as well and once you feel you know enough about the characters Avengers Forever is an amazing arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
But since you got House of M, you would just need Civil war, World war Hulk, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear itself and now the next main part is Avengers vs X-men which is starting next week.
Read old character or team specific stories if you aren't doing Infinity Gauntlet, all those arcs are pretty much 1 idea stretched over 7 bad books. These are all pretty damn terrible in one way or another, Marvel hasn't got the year-long universe spanning arc down half as good as DC and I'd say even those guys are taking it too far these days.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #642
spider-prime

Quote:
I don't want to spend any money on comics right now, since I'm putting my money on art supplies. Is there a website that I can go to that posts comics for people to read, like a manga site?
yah pirate bay
Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #643
javi

Quote:
This is the beginning of all of Marvel's main stories other than Secret War and after Avengers Disassembled. But since you got House of M, you would just need Civil war, World war Hulk, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear itself and now the next main part is Avengers vs X-men which is starting next week. The Phoenix is coming back and it's coming for Hope, the first mutant after House of M, the one that Cable raised in the future, Cable already tried to kill the Avengers cause he knows what they planned to do, which is kill Hope before the phoenix possesses her.
I never owned House of M, but I did enjoy it, and I really wanted to know what happened after the first issue. However, I will check those other comics that you recommended me to look up.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #644
spider-prime

I just watched the new episode to Avengers. fookin awesome, Doom was done perfect but I wished his voice had more of an accent . The Thing vs Hulk moments had me cracking up.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #645
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
after watching Ultimate Spidey, I like it, cause I knew what it was going to be like, more comedy than story/action. So it was good.
Yeah, I was hoping it was going to be more like Avengers. Less comedy and more story/action - especially with Dini involved.

Edit - the Avengers episode was great, much more in line with what I enjoy.

Is Thor gone for good?

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.

Last edited by Einhander; 04-04-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote