The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #541
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Well...what did you expect. You said:

That's not really an opinion, as you didn't state it as such. You presented it as if it were a fact. An opinion would have sounded like:

I think Avengers is going to be terrible. To me Joss Whedon is one of the worst writers in existence. In my eyes, every single one of his shows is completely overrated.

So yeah....learn how to state an opinion if you wish to do so. Trying to martyr yourself at this point is kind of pointless as your own poor wording dug you into this hole....as it seems to do every time you state an 'opinion.'
Yeah,and alien ressurection was awesome too, infact the alien was supposed to have sex with ripley and she remembers newt and other memories and they all land in france at the end,

Even the chest buster that busted throughthe guys head,was supposed to bust back in and bust out of the other guys head. But executives have to go ruin everything

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #542
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
You honestly think I really believe that the only reason for one to not like Toy Story was undesired anal GI Joe insertion? There were lots of toys in that movie.
Not at all, and frankly I found the topic of forced anal insertion of toys through an incestuous relationship rather funny, though looking back on it when phrased that way it seems very disturbing and I'm certain that someone who had experienced such a trauma would find it equally offensive.

I'm just saying that people need to calm down. Dude said Whedon is a hack. Big deal. People say things all the time, you won't always agree. Learn not to give a shit about what other people think. It makes the internet a lot easier to tolerate.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #543
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoriYagami n8 View Post
Learn not to give a shit about what other people think. It makes the internet a lot easier to tolerate.

I'M OFF TO A GREAT START?

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #544
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Too much thread derailment. I thought something new came up.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #545
FinalSolace2

How could you not love roseanne and titan A.E. they were seminally spunktastic

I can't believe they cut firefly, its like he's cursed not to get a good break.

The original alien 3 script was suppposed to be on a wooden monks cathedral planet sattelite, whedon was given the write to do, but woods concept won out, before fox getting cold feetit was veering too far away from bthe originals, that andperhaps it would have killed the franchise. Unless prometheus was destined to be made anyway regardless.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #546
Drunken Savior

Hah, I saw Titan A.E. when it came out. I like a lot of Bluth's animated stuff....moreso the earlier stuff (NIMH, All Dogs, and American Tail...80s stuff) than the later.

Wheddon's stuff just appeals to a smaller audience, mostly sci-fi nerds. And if you want to survive on a large network or in Hollywood, you need to expand past that demographic. I feel that Wheddon often fails to do this successfully, for whatever reason.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #547
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Well Buffy went for what 9 seasons and Angel 5. I believe for their time, they were good for network TV. Just his newer stuff like Dollhouse, just no I didn't like it. Same cast, same archtypes.

Just read his Astonishing run.

Zechin
Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #548
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

The Angel series was enjoyable. Abit sad that they ended it on that kind of cliffhanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Didn't compare them to anything. Judged them on their own merit, and judged that they weren't very good.
That's fine. Though it's usually second nature to blindly determine whether something is bad or good in comparison to something else.

Just with a different change of attitude, they aren't as bad as you make em out to be.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #549
Drunken Savior

Oddly, The WB was a channel I never had as a kid.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #550
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

They continued both Buffy in Angel in comic book forms to this day. The Buffy Season 9 was with Whedon and was, ok, but not amazing. His Angel stuff was good and the series hasn't been able to come back from the depths since he walked away. If your a fan of Angel buy the initial run with Whedon that starts after the end of the TV series.

Zechin
Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #551
FinalSolace2

I heard buffy vamp slayer got very small viewing figures for many seasons.

Regardless I had a friend in college who memorised evers episode script for all 9 seasons word for word. His dedication to the series was (OMG I can't believe I'm using this word) phenomenal.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #552
javi

http://collider.com/josh-trank-fanta...reboot/137824/

All I can say so far is good. I never liked the Fantastic 4 movies, and I hope that if this movie ever does happen, it might be better than what we got.
Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #553
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I don't see how you can make the fantastic four "serious". Damnit I blame Nolan. If this guy is trying to go for legitimacy, then he should add the Yancy Street gang. That ought to show em.

Zechin
Old 02-04-2012, 04:19 AM   #554
Alucard

You can make that comic into a very good serious movie. Their problem is they tried to go for comedy. Thats one reason they failed.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #555
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
look at the comics right now, they are friggin awesome!

I actually like Spider-man part of the fantastic four more than with the avengers.
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote