The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #5431
Nem
Smash bro!

I got a 16 GB memory card for my Vita... because of the annoying digital only releases (gazes at Namco with Sword art online HF). -.-

Also, something tells me that if we get Tales of Innocence R, its gonna be digital only.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #5432
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Is there a way to transfer content from one card to another? Or do you just have to redownload everything?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #5433
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Is there a way to transfer content from one card to another? Or do you just have to redownload everything?
You have to download the content manager from Sony and it will make a backup from your Vita to the PC, switch out the card, put the new one in and then go back into the content manager from the vita and connect to the PC's content manager to put back the backup and you're done!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #5434
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Yeah I remember trying that and Content Manager didn't work well at all. I have the Mac version and I can't seem to confine where it puts stuff. Also it doesn't move everything, only weird little bits and pieces.

Sony has always written crappy computer software so this really isn't surprising.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #5435
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
3ds has the easiest way of transferring to a new memory card.

Just put it in your PC and drag and drop the files to where ever or if you have 2 slots for SD cards, just directly into in the new SD card.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #5436
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Who would have ever thought Nintendo would make something easier? Transferring Wii to Wii U is a really nice pain.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #5437
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
You have to download the content manager from Sony and it will make a backup from your Vita to the PC, switch out the card, put the new one in and then go back into the content manager from the vita and connect to the PC's content manager to put back the backup and you're done!
I did this, Joe. It was surprisingly easy.You should have the content manager by default aswell since its from a system update and its saved in the internal memory.

You just save the data as a backup on your ps3 or PC with the manager through the vita, turn off the vita, swap the memory card for the new one, turn back on, go back to the manager and select restore. Easy.
I also havent deleted anything on the old card aswell. Tbh i am a bit surprised it all went well. I dont quite understand how the licences got transfered. I am guessing they get saved on the internal memory.

Anyways everything worked perfectly and didnt need any sort of editing. All apps, digital and physical games aswell as icons and folder arrangements all transfered in perfectly as they were. Its like nothing happened, but now i have double the memory size.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #5438
spider-prime

just remember to reformat the old card if you ever get rid of it, it saves your PSN information on it.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #5439
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The thing with the Mac version is that you can't even tell Content Manager Assistant is running. It lives silently in the background and I abhor programs that do that. It also writes random folders all over my desktop. Since there's no UI, I cannot change where I want to put stuff. So I'll often be going through something and come across a PSAVEDATA folder or some shit.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #5440
Nem
Smash bro!

Well, yes. It has to create a folder to transfer files. They can't just hover in mid-air. ^^

But if you just want it to upgrade to a new card, you just make the process i described and then uninstall the content manager on your pc. No more wandering folders.

Thx for the warning spider. I'm not planning to get rid of the old one, but its good to know the risks.

Last edited by Nem; 07-30-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #5441
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #5442
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Good times, loved Risen 2 really looking forward to this one.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #5443
Nem
Smash bro!

I was undecided on wether to get Risen 3. I waited for some reviews and the first that poped up said the camera, AI and combat sucked... so i decided not to get it until its discounted.

It does look interesting otherwise though. More enticing than the previous titles in the series.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #5444
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Risen 2 got absolutely panned by the reviews but I did really love it. It was one of the few WRPGs where I did absolutely everything I could. I got hrs out of it.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #5445
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...