The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #76
Alucard

http://files.filefront.com/Gundam_v2.../fileinfo.html

Gundam mod for homeworld2. Looks quite well made and the clip is 16megs. The mods already completed and out, I just though tI'd slap the clip up instead.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #77
Alucard

Heres a new mod for Max Payne 2 that looks interesting. They're making it in episodes and heres the first one. I forget the other mod that came out recently, but its modelled after that scene from Matrix with the pillars and the soldiers and stuff around it.

http://www.7thserpent.com/
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #78
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Heres a new mod for Max Payne 2 that looks interesting. They're making it in episodes and heres the first one. I forget the other mod that came out recently, but its modelled after that scene from Matrix with the pillars and the soldiers and stuff around it.

http://www.7thserpent.com/
:yikes: :yikes: I might need to buy max payne 2 on the pc sometime and check out this mod.
LegendaryU.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #79
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Wait a min, is max payne 2 on the pc only in the dvd version?

And how many cds does it come with?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #80
Alucard

Thats a good question. I'd answer it but my brother in law has my copy and he's in a different state and most likely couldnt find it even if I asked. Oh wait lemme check the pirate sites.... Looks like its 2cds. Some games do have cd and dvd alternates. I normally just buy the dvd versions sicne its easier on storage.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #81
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Well if i see it at ebgames in the budget section i will pick it up, when i get my ati radeon 9250 256MB PCI card.

Until i buy it, do max payne 1 have any mods?

My ati 700064mb card can run part 1 with ease on the highest settings.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #82
Alucard

Yeah 1 has plenty of mods. Also a 9250 is a waste of money. Thats like 5 year old technology.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #83
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Quote:
Yeah 1 has plenty of mods. Also a 9250 is a waste of money. Thats like 5 year old technology.
I think the 9250 256MB version is the lastest version that can run on my computer, which is windows 98 se and i only have pci slots. So despite the card being 5 years old, if my ati radeon 700064mb can run about 90% of every old game between 1994 - 2005, then the 9250 256mb card should be able to run games from 1994 - 2007.

If you think the card is a waste of money say because you run games at or over 1024x768 then i have nothing to worry about. Because i run most of my games at 640x480 or 800x600 and it looks perfect to me.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #84
Alucard

Dude seriously, you shouldnt run games BELOW 1024x768. Others laugh at me because they play games at 1600x1200. But if your pc only has pci slots then that thing is like 12 years old or something. Save your money and buy a proper upgrade. It doesnt need to be the strongest like you said. But you missed an entire hardware generation with AGP which is now being totally phased out for PCI-E slots. Seriously, rethink the card buying idea. Hardware doesnt last forever. And 98se....kill it. You have to. Buggy POS.

Its like ignoring the ps2, waiting for the ps3 to be almost retired, but buying a PSP to play emulated psx games on it.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:03 AM   #85
LegendaryU.2.K.
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Dude seriously, you shouldnt run games BELOW 1024x768.
Running games below 1024x768 looks great, in my eyes. I'm not a graphic freak, so from what i can see, running some games at 800x600 looks perfect, say in games like sin or wages of sin.

Quote:
Others laugh at me because they play games at 1600x1200.
Why are you so concern what others may think about you, if you run games at low settings? I say whatever looks good to you, enjoy it.

Quote:
But if your pc only has pci slots then that thing is like 12 years old or something.
Its old yea, but great.

Quote:
Save your money and buy a proper upgrade.
I am upgrading from 20GB to 60GB, from ati radeon 700064mb to ati radeon 9250 256mb pci. By doing this, my computer should be max out.

Quote:
But you missed an entire hardware generation with AGP which is now being totally phased out for PCI-E slots.
I dont buy things because other people may have them or if they are the newest stuff out. I buy what looks good to me, not by the outlook of this world. So if i missed a entire hardware generation, so be it.

Quote:
Seriously, rethink the card buying idea.
I have thought about it for a long time. Its the right thing to do, with a 256MB boost i can play all of my games that i own with ease. 64MB is great, but 256mb , plus with the 9250 , thats perfect or near perfect.....I understand AGP are more powerful, but pci is all i have and its fine.

Quote:
Hardware doesnt last forever.
ROFL, you dont have to tell me.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Quote:
And 98se....kill it. You have to. Buggy POS.
First off, my wife has windows xp , and windows xp is not as advanced as 98. I have to keep windows 98 se for alot of reasons. One reason, because i run my own abandonware site and forum, second i have over 350 pc games, about 80% of them are old great games, from sonic 3d blast, sonic r, blood 2 , blood the new nightmares, leadfoot, powerslide, turok 2 seeds of evil , megarace 3 and lots more. Playing these games on xp works, but you have to change some things around.

With windows 98 se, you dont have to change nothing. Plus overall 98 se is more stable, in terms of reinstalling windows which only takes about 15 - 30 mins, the layout is better too. Windows xp is just newer and you can play the new games with ease. Other then that, windows 98 se is the best os.

Quote:
Its like ignoring the ps2, waiting for the ps3 to be almost retired, but buying a PSP to play emulated psx games on it.
I'm not buying xbox 360 until like 3 or 4 years from now. Why?

I have over 50,000 dollars right now, but i am no fool. I'm not paying 300 or more for a new system, and i damn sure aint paying 60 or 70 dollars for a video game. No game is worth 60 bucks, not even my favorite game of all time Grand Theft Auto.

I mean, whats the rush? I'm still enjoying playing xbox , n64, psone, dreamcast and my computer games. I'm not buying 360 until the system is = 130 used or 150 new and the games at 4.99 , 9.99 , 12.99, 14.99 , 19.99, 24.99.

Last edited by LegendaryU.2.K.; 04-09-2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:43 AM   #86
Alucard

Dont get me wrong, I'm not telling you to rush into new things or buy hardware because everyone else has them. The old DOS games I can understand for 98se. I was really pissed when microsoft removed the dos feature from XP. Although programs like Dosbox etc do let me play old games just fine. And I'm not sure about 98se being more stable. I remember that thing being an absolute pain. XP almost never crashes, is easy to close programs without worrying if my pc will explode, and I've seen a BSOD maybe twice in the last few years or so of owning it. XP is heads and shoulders far better.

With resolution, its not just graphics etc. One thing thats really important is depth of view. You'll notice in low res everything seems more pressed up towards your face compared to slightly higher res. Its also ALOT better for your eyes. If you have the money then you should probably just buy a low end system for like $400 if you're happy with not having super performance. I just find playing low res on pc just isnt really good. Not just because it doesnt look good, but because of the other reasons I mentioned. Even motion sickness is far less on higher res. And honestly, going frmo 800x600 to 1024x700 is not a huge hit on performance. Thats why its my favourite res for most games.

But yeah, if you're happy you're happy. I just think it wouldnt be half bad to maybe reward yourself a little with a decent system. They last for years after all.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #87
Decado

I expect/hope to be getting a new system this Fall. I'm a little concerned about Windows Vista, though. Not sure what it is going to do to the equation and how many years it will take for M$ to work most of the bugs out.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #88
Reality
Sin and Punishment

I wouldn't even get Windows Vista if it was up to me. It doesn't offer much and its PC requirements are a little to much. Not to mention bug and software incompatibility. Maybe give it 2 years and see how it looks then. All new games will still have XP support after all.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #89
Alucard

Vista offers plenty. Especially gaming wise. But I'll also be ignoring it for the first year. See how it goes and what benefits it might give XP because of its release.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 AM   #90
Alucard

lol cant be stuffed looking for the Oblivion thread so I'm sticking this mod here. Sounded amusing. Multiplayer support for Oblivion. PC obviously cause 360 is gimped omglol

Quote:
The next release should support eight players engaging in deathmatch and capture-the-flag.

"It's come a long way, and has a long way to go, but with perseverance and a little luck, it'll go a long way," says the_FERRET on his website.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/MultiTES4...hp?showforum=2