The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 10-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #151
Alucard

Theres one I half recall. But I think they stopped using that long ago.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #152
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Probably because everyone just pirated it. PC Gamers take a lot less shit than console gamers.

I bought AC2, then played the DRM-free pirated version. gg Ubi
Old 10-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #153
Northeastmonk

Good too the point review; I finished the PS3 version. I'm thrilled a bit of Hush was in there, its one of my fav graphic novels (Where is he?). I just downloaded Catwoman. Which was a lot of fun. I hope they make another one, but this time in the city Gotham. I haven't seen all there is too see, I was at first thinking the Riddler trophies were going to be just 'catch and grab', giving AA a +1.

They also did the whole Winter in Gotham look with movie-type quality, which was awesome. I think if Mark Hamill isn't doing the Joker anymore that Hush would make a great exception.

Awesome news; but I dont know how reliable it is.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/04/...r-arkham-city/

Quote:
Judging from a list of domain names recently registered by Warner Bros it seems that a new game based on the popular “Batman: Hush” storyline by Jeph Loeb. It’s not clear at this point if it would be another sequel to the Arkham games or just an entirely new game on the license, but the story would translate into a pretty awesome game! I guess time will tell…

Registered domain names;
◦ BatmanHush.com
◦BatmanHushGame.com
◦BatmanImposters.com
◦BatmanImpostors.com
◦BatmanKnightFell.com
◦BatmanRedHoods.com
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #154
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
You're forgetting mircosoft and Sony sell over priced and slightly uncomfortable chat pads with tiny buttons to make up part of that. Though as far as I know, there is still no copy and paste function.
Neither peripheral is particularly expensive, but there's also the option of using USB keyboards on not only the 360 and PS3, but even the Wii. So I don't feel sorry for anybody who doesn't have a keyboard and has to enter a code with a controller.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #155
Joe Redifer
Olé!

The 360 lets you use a USB keyboard now? I did not know this. Didn't know about the Wii, either (and its USB ports are so easy and convenient to get to). I agree USB keyboards are the way to go.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #156
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
The 360 lets you use a USB keyboard now? I did not know this. Didn't know about the Wii, either (and its USB ports are so easy and convenient to get to). I agree USB keyboards are the way to go.
Yep, since day 1. I have a wireless USB keyboard that I use with all my consoles. Very convenient (except for swapping the dongle between systems, but oh well).
Old 10-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #157
Alucard

The keyboard is beside the point. The original point brought up was pcs are annoying because you have to type codes in. Well it has to be done for the consoles too. Basically every reason to NOT play a pc version for all the added benefits that a console will not have, is a moot point. Like the original argument of pcs suck cause it only has fps games, followed by I'd need a $5000 pc to play a game that looks like halo 1 on it.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #158
Joe Redifer
Olé!

You don't have to type in codes just to play a game. You also don't need to be constantly connected to the internet.

eastx, just get more dong holes. Err I mean more dongles.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:14 AM   #159
Alucard

You dont have to do either of those for most games. For example on steam, its a once activation and then you dont need to be on the net ever again. At least I dont have to update windows every week to be able to play a game unlike my console.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #160
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Windows updates all the time - much more frequently than consoles. It's just not tied to games running. But that doesn't mean you don't have to update videocard drivers, edit config files, and other things to run PC games on occasion.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:28 AM   #161
Drunken Savior

DRM is a bitch, but for the most part, it's fairly intrusive and most of the time it's a one time deal. Fair tradeoff for the benefits of gaming on a PC if you ask me. Windows Live (or whatever they call it) is the only real pain in the ass. Unfortunately, it's what the Batman games use. I consistently have had log-in problems and the updating can make you jump through hoops if you let too many updates slip (because, for example, you haven't been playing games that use Windows Live!)

As I stated in other threads, the only DRM that is currently employed that is just awful is the "always online" DRM. Expecting gamers to have an internet connection during install is one thing, expecting them to always have internet access to play single player games is just pushing the line, in my opinion.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 AM   #162
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Windows updates all the time - much more frequently than consoles. It's just not tied to games running. But that doesn't mean you don't have to update videocard drivers, edit config files, and other things to run PC games on occasion.

On occassion yes. I've gone for a whole year without updating windows or video card drivers etc. Mind you windows updates arent tied to games in any way so it cant be mentioned. Otherwise you'll be adding in every update to every program on the pc. However I can put a game in and it'll work, where as my console will refuse to even load it unless I'm on the latest firmware because of its copy protection. This means log onto the net, wait an age for their shitty updating speed system. If I was to compare the amount of times I've changed video drivers to the amount of firmware updates I've done, it would be like 1 video update in the past year to however many dozens of firmware updates on my console.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #163
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Windows updates like clockwork every Wednesday. You have to manually fetch 'em, I believe. Eventually they are all compiled into "Service Packs".
Old 10-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #164
Alucard

If you leave windows on auto update it does it on its own. I put it to manual because I dont feel like having my pc downloading crap while I'm in the middle of something.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #165
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Thumbs up for that. I don't want anything going on unless I say so.