The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 03-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #181
Ultima_Ninja87

I'm Tony! I'm 17 and I live in Virginia.

I'm originally from Charleston, South Carolina (yup, a southerner), and have lived everywhere in the U.S (California, Michigan, Texas, Hawaii, Florida) because my dad used to be in the Navy. Let me see...something interesting....um I've been in martial arts for 7 years now, and am a second degree black belt at Chuck Norris Karate. I'm the youngest of 3 kids (and 1 stepbrother).

Welcome me here with open arms!!

*Backs away from Spiff*

er....*shakes your hand* lol :cool guy:

Favorite Game Quote:
"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist."--Vivi, the great Philosopher of FFIX
Ultima_Ninja87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #182
Arahenion

Welcome with open arms!
Arahenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:25 AM   #183
deadaerith

Talking

have to start somewhere so it might as well be here.

me.. let's see. i'm a 23 yr old from the immigration nation e.g. san antonio, texas. been a gamer as far back as i can remember (i'm talking before atari) I got suckered into joining this forum by some wicked evil guy, but i plan on backstabbing him in the final chapter and stealing all his gold. w00t!

so yeah.. hi... i'll be lurking.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:28 AM   #184
Drunken Savior

Hey deadaerith. How's things....other than being dead? ;) Hope yea post some.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:44 AM   #185
ruby_onix

Hi. You can call me ruby. Or RO. Or whatever.

Uhhh... I'm a guy. I don't really like to give out personal info. Or make up fake stuff to tell people.

I've known about The MagicBox for quite a while (back when I spent a lot of time on the IGN forums, before they went all 'Insider' on us, I think), but trying out Mozilla FireFox (with it's built-in pop-up-killer) seems to have pushed me over the edge toward considering becoming a poster here. I really hate Gator. Is that the intended effect of their ads?

Hmmm... I became a gamer in the late-Atari 2600 early-NES days, and I favor most of Nintendo's first-party offerings, along with the other classics like Castlevania, MegaMan, and Metal Gear. I also really like RPGs (Dragon Warrior powns Final Fantasy), when I'm feeling too lazy for the twitch-games.

I sometimes do things like make fun of the XBox, but it's all in good fun, as I don't seriously dislike any videogames. Although Microsoft sometimes creeps me out. Moreso than Sony (who seems to be getting worse by the day, but is amazing at covering it up) or Nintendo (who seems to be somewhat reformed).

I've got (access to) a PS2, GameCube, and a GBA (and a GBA Player for the GameCube), and a very lengthy list of top-notch games that I need to get around to playing. I think I'm hoarding them like a squirrel. I tend to play a game long enough to know that I like it, then bury it in a safe place and move on to another. I'm (enjoying) working on the problem.

I think that says about everything. See you around the boards.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #186
deadaerith

Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_onix
I sometimes do things like make fun of the XBox, but it's all in good fun, as I don't seriously dislike any videogames. Although Microsoft sometimes creeps me out.
i catch myself doing that sometimes, but it's usually spawned by all the numb nuts who have an Xbox just cause its the "latest thing" and they all play Halo for 14 hours a day and pretend to have any real gaming skills... man i hate people who do that. Specially when they can't get past the first part of Onimusha cause their dumb ass doesn't THINK to open a door might require clicking a button :annoyed:

/rant... thnx for the welcome
Old 03-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #187
Alucard

Welcome!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #188
gabriel
infinity in finity

Hey Drunken, is your current avatar a character from your homebrew cartoon? I remember hearing about it ages ago. Did anything happen with that?

Oh, and uh, hello everyone.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:54 AM   #189
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Talking about popping out of nowhere...How's it going gabriel? Long time no see heh?!!

ruby_onix, Ultima_Ninja87, Arahenion and deadaerith and Alucard Welcome to the MB Forums and I hope ya'll stick around for a long time..and not disapear after a few post like a lot of members have done in the past.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:54 PM   #190
gabriel
infinity in finity

Yeah, it's been a while. My interest in gaming had faded, not to mention, I got a near-full time job while still going to school, so the forum kind of dropped off the radar. This year looks promising, gaming-wise, so that kind of rekindled my interest.

It's good to see the same familiar faces as when I left. Have I missed much forum drama?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:02 PM   #191
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gabriel

It's good to see the same familiar faces as when I left. Have I missed much forum drama?
Well, not much. Except that: Nin turned out to be a transvestite (sp?) prostitute. We learned that Alucard is actually a 12 year old girl, and Seska is a robot. And we learned that Joe Redifer has no gaming skills, ie: look at Ninja Gaiden thread. And because of a certain thread in the debate forum, we found out that about half of the magicbox members are homosexuals, Gearhound doesnt have alot of sex, and that there is no GOD.

Oh, and we moved to a new server and have new mods; Drunken and Iori.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #192
Joe Redifer
Olé!

You mean you DIDN'T already know that about me?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:00 PM   #193
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Hey Drunken, is your current avatar a character from your homebrew cartoon? I remember hearing about it ages ago. Did anything happen with that?

Oh, and uh, hello everyone.
Nah, the avatar is a drawing I just recently completed as part of my 20+ art piece portfolio final for a class. (You guys should really see the new pieces I finished for my final, I'm gonna see if I can get them professionally scanned). TRIVIA: The character in my avatar is my (Idealistic) studio head character.

As for the cartoon, I'm still doing my film/art/music studies at Santa Cruz, looks like about 1.5 more years. I'm currently trying to work with my school to have me ldo summer internships in Atlanta or LA to get some experience before I graduate.

And I promise, the first cartoon I get creative liberties on will be a cartoon about sea pirates in modern times.

And welcome back Gabriel, it's surely been a looong time. Glad you found time to drop by and say hello! It sure has been some time!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #194
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:

Yeah you also missed how a P.C can beat SpaceManSpiff on any giving day..I mean just checked the p.c section. I never seen someone got beaten up by their p.c in such a ridiculously way.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #195
Alucard

Why are you welcoming me ATMA! And banning spiff as of now. I aint a 12 year old girl.. I'm 14!! Hardware is my pimp.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote