The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 03-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #1
Rubeus

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike heading to PS2!

PS2 // Street Fighter III 3rd Strike heading to PS2
19:03
Released on the Dreamcast in June 2000, after an appearance in the arcades, "Street Fighter III 3rd Strike" is now set for a release on the PlayStation 2. The release date and price are currently unknown, as are any online possibilities. However, since the Matching System for online battles on the Dreamcast ended last September, there is a lot of expectation from fans for an online mode in this version. A limited package is planned in addition to a standard release.

--------------

The game is probably labeled as Hyper Street Fighter III Anniversary Edition?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Dead Account 01

I take it this is Japan? I wonder if SCEA will allow it to be brought over here.

That said...IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

Oh yeah...is the source any good? Or is it just a baseless rumour?
Dead Account 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

its about time ?!?!

its about time Capcom developed a new Street Fighter that is, and not to start porting every SF2/3 they have... talk about cheap...

It might be the pronounce of a new game though, since they now have a team working on PS2 2D...

Last edited by Nem; 03-10-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
Sammythy

It is on IGN, so I imagine it is reliable.

I think Third Strike was a solid game. I can see no harm in exposing it to a wider a userbase, a little surprised it did not arrive earlier though.

Last edited by Sammythy; 03-12-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Sammythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:27 PM   #5
gearhound1
Banned

eh, it will not be as good as the DC version.
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #6
Xenogears

the game wasn't that good anyay, I prefer the first street fighter II rather than this game..and I greed with Nem, they should move on with the franchise
Old 03-10-2004, 10:45 PM   #7
Robo Halloween
Banned

Nem and Xenogear's retarded replies are exactly what I was expecting to read about this here.

Now please, no more 3rd Strike bashing. Unless you actually play fighting games. Or if your name is Stefan, for the sake of real comedy.

If this sees an X-Box port, I'm getting it, again. I already got it on DC, but 3rd Strike for me deserves a second purhcase on a higher plateu. :cool guy:
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:17 AM   #8
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

Given the SCEA denials of Metal Slug 3, Samurai Shodown 5, SNK vs Capcom, and the all in one Street Fighter 2 Anniversary Edition I'm skeptical if SF3 would have what it takes to make it past SCEA. Hopefully it will, I don't feel like ripping apart my already unstable PS2 to get it modded to play imports.

EDIT: Merged threads with the one I made, how did I miss that?
Old 03-11-2004, 12:47 AM   #9
Robo Halloween
Banned

Dammit Iori, Zach Metson was full of ****! Stop believing it!

And I can't imagine anyone from SCEA or Capcom not wanting to send this to America. Given 3rd Strike's popularity in competitive level as seen in EVO. Besides, the PS2 in America is getting Isuka. Doesn't that mean anything to you?
Old 03-11-2004, 03:51 AM   #10
tinlunlau

wow! what'd it take 'em?

almost 4 years to make it happen?
Old 03-11-2004, 04:05 AM   #11
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Dammit Iori, Zach Metson was full of ****! Stop believing it!

And I can't imagine anyone from SCEA or Capcom not wanting to send this to America. Given 3rd Strike's popularity in competitive level as seen in EVO. Besides, the PS2 in America is getting Isuka. Doesn't that mean anything to you?
Suddenly all the anti-sediment I have for SCEA's approval process stems from that? Not quite. I say what I say because games like Metal Slug 3, SNK vs Capcom, Samurai Shodown 5, Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition, and Killer 7 get the boot. It even seems a possible Viewtiful Joe port is likely to get the boot. And what the hell do I care about Isuka? Guilty Gear can suck my nuts.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:38 AM   #12
Dead Account 01

Quote:
Originally posted by IoriYagami n8
I say what I say because games like Metal Slug 3, SNK vs Capcom, Samurai Shodown 5, Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition, and Killer 7 get the boot. It even seems a possible Viewtiful Joe port is likely to get the boot.
While I'd like SCEA to leave developers alone, for the most part, I don't think it is as bad as you're making it out to be.

--SNK vs. Capcom is apparently an awful game.
--Metal Slug 3...it is an old, short shooter. I'd like to see it over here in order to rent it. But seriously, it seems like a major rip-off for SNK to charge fans to play their ancient NEO GEO port :annoyed:
--SF2...I haven't heard about this one, but I applaud SCEA for banning Capcom from cashing in on their tossed together compilation. Another game that is apparently a major disappointment.
--Samurai Shodown 5...I've heard nothing about this, either. Haven't heard anything about the game itself, or if it is even out yet in Japan.
--Killer7. As unimpressed as I am with the game, I think it'll still come to N. America. The fact that it hasn't been announced for this region yet means nothing. Killzone was announced for Europe months before N. America, too ;)
--Viewtiful Joe...I don't see SCEA denying the game. Too much critical acclaim. At worst SCEA will want bonuses for allowing Capcom access to a decent market.

So far I've only heard about a few things that really irritate me (that have been confirmed). Most of it seems reasonable. Still, I'm concerned.
Dead Account 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:39 AM   #13
GodOfCookery

Quote:
Originally posted by Decado
I take it this is Japan? I wonder if SCEA will allow it to be brought over here.

That said...IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

Oh yeah...is the source any good? Or is it just a baseless rumour?
Naah it's about time that Crapcom starts to develop a 2D fighting game which is worth calling a 2D fighting game.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:59 AM   #14
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Street Fighter 3 Triple Strike had one of my favorite fighting engines ever.. still im not even gonna remotely considering buying this game, but with my new trusty dvd burner, I'll still play it ^_^
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:02 PM   #15
Robo Halloween
Banned

Decado pretty much explained everything right. I still think SF2 is not on the american PS2 b/c of Capcom themselves. Also, I really don't think they are stupid enough to deny Viewtiful Jow and Killer 7.

I still also think that list of unapproved titles was garbage. They where still talking about Gio Gio when that happened years ago.