The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-03-2004, 06:26 AM   #16
Seska

Quote:
Originally posted by Carniv?le
i had a minidisc player once too... a little old but reliable none the less, problem is compared to an mp3 player dude, its obsolete technology man... you know what its like to have gigs and gigs worth of music at your disposal?

its great for trips and just having that kind of variety to listen to whatever you want whenever you want
Thats why I'm talking about NET MD and not just MD. :p You hook up your Net MD recorder to your PC via USB and just dump your MP3s into your Minidisc. At high audio quality you can stick in about 2 hours worth on each MD, and considering the dirt cheap price of recordable MDs (a buck each MD) and the Net MD recorder itself (about 60), it really IS the best price/quality option.

I'll never understand why the format never hit off in the west, its huge in Japan. And I love my MD.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:36 AM   #17
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Seska
Thats why I'm talking about NET MD and not just MD. :p You hook up your Net MD recorder to your PC via USB and just dump your MP3s into your Minidisc. At high audio quality you can stick in about 2 hours worth on each MD, and considering the dirt cheap price of recordable MDs (a buck each MD) and the Net MD recorder itself (about 60), it really IS the best price/quality option.

I'll never understand why the format never hit off in the west, its huge in Japan. And I love my MD.
the discs, from what i've seen here, totally wrecks the purpose of portable audio... thats like changing a CD... hell if I wanted more than 2 hours worth of music switching it up, i'd still use my IRiver Mp3 CD player which is thin as all hell...

through my music listening escapades i went through a minidisc player, which served me well... until i grabbed a Mp3 CD player which i fell in love with, but once i saw how much i could store with an mp3 player, i really wanted one, and when I tried both the pod, which looked nicer and had a more practical interface, and then the Zen, which had much clearler and sharper audio quality, and lasted longer between charges (not to mention the price) then I just had to keep the Zen, the interface was good enough for me to use on handed in the subway, and good enough to take anywhere (I really manhandle my hardware, and the Zen was durable enough to stick with me)

thats why I picked up a mp3 player, that being said, the minidisc actually had incredibly sharp audio considering (not quite as nice as the Zen but better than the Mp3 CD player)
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 08:38 PM   #18
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Screw splitting hairs. I love my new iPod and look forward to placing it in my shirt pocket to record lectures as I sleep through my future 8am classes.

Anything beats my old CD player I bought after I saw American Beauty the first time in theatres.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #19
link84

psh you silly people with your mp3 players i just use my palm a brand new T2 with 256 memory card
link84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #20
marwan
XBL 360 tag: Mplayer

Quote:
Originally posted by link84
psh you silly people with your mp3 players i just use my palm a brand new T2 with 256 memory card

Link84, we need some more of your sexy posting on this board!
marwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:25 PM   #21
link84

Quote:
Originally posted by marwan
Link84, we need some more of your sexy posting on this board!
lol yea
link84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:32 AM   #22
marwan
XBL 360 tag: Mplayer

Quote:
Originally posted by link84
lol yea

a dash of cutness is also recommended!

i love you,
marwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:39 PM   #23