The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-05-2004, 05:29 AM   #1
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Printer Ink Question.

This is my last computer related question for the month, I promise "Looks around and laughs, YA right ahahhahaa"

Anyways, You know how when you supposedly get low on ink your printer tells you. Well Ive used my blank ink alot and I mean alot, Ive even taken it out and it weighs way less than the color cartridge. I keep getting the low ink message of course, but all my prints in black are perfect quality. Now what im wondering is (I dont know how it works, so this might appear as a dumb question to some), If your low or out of black ink, can the ink in the color cartridge be used to make black prints? Cuz I dont want to use all my color ink for black prints of course.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Alucard

From what I remember you need BOTH cartidges to be full for it to work. If thats wrong then I relinquish my 'Printers' hat.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
Magnus
The world's stopping but we keep going

No. Colour cartridges cannot make black ink. Your Ink guage will tell you that your low when you have about 25% or so left. Thats why you will be still able to print in black well at the moment.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:53 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
actually, look it up in your manuel

my printer can use the color carts to make black, but it will waste more then usual of couse, not the way I would use it either, but it can do it

but just check, it just might
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
Magnus
The world's stopping but we keep going

Quote:
my printer can use the color carts to make black
Really?

I thought that colour cartidges couldnt produce black. Especially since they use CMY (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) to produce other colours. Well, you learn something new enery day...
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I have a Lexmark all in one printer, X1110

and they didn't even give me a black ink cart when I got it either

they gave me a color, so I emailed them to ask if I was supposed to get one, but they told me, all you need is color and it can do everything you need, but slowly and it wastes the ink

but then their tech support wasnt to helpful when I asked where on their website I could purchuse a black ink, cause my printer and a bunch of others weren't listed
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote