The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #16
bujeezus

I'm stuck on the final boss in Battle Chasers. I have really enjoyed it though. On topic, I "beat" Blazing Star on XB1 if using countless continues is considered beating it. Ha!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #17
Nem
Smash bro!

Did you get any of the Ultimate weapons? I read of people being stuck, but the boss lasted me two turns.

I taunted with Gully, did the blood thingy AoE heal with the masked guy, level 2 burst with Garrison and flurry i think it's called. She got cut like butter. Was too easy. I do prefer the classic final bosses that take longer.
They were all level 30. Garrisons Ultimate weapon is the easiest to get. You just need to do the collosseum. Don't think Gully's was too hard but the masked guy's one was a bit more annoying. I only got them for those 3 as they were my main party. All level 30 too, but i'm sure 28 or 29 would've been fine aswell.

Did you notice that theres 2 perk trees for every character? I only noticed half way through the game.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #18
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Lego City Undercover and Super Mario Odyssey!

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:25 AM   #19
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Pretty good, but I feel like it lasted a little longer than it should have. It high high points midway through the 3rd act and then kinda...lingered in some very boring objectives that made you just go from Room A, to Room B, back to Room A, back to Room B. But overall, it's a brilliant game. I loved how it really payed homage to both Alien and Aliens. Best Alien game yet. Wish I could have gotten the rifle though...that sound.

Oh, and on my first playthrough, I beat it on Hard. If you like survival horror games, play this one on Hard first!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #20
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Resident Evil 7 and some of the DLC already. A lot better than I thought it was going to be. Stupid that the gold edition doesn't have the Not A hero DLC on the disc for some strange reason since end of Zoe DLC came out at the same time and that is on the disc.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #21
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

I never got around to playing this when it released, because when I did...I killed Granny Rags by accident and hated that I missed out on all that content. At the same time, I didn't wanna replay everything to get her back so....I just shelved the game.

Coming back to this...6 years later....man, I feel like I should play all Stealth games at their highest difficulty. Normal is just too, too easy. By the end, I was just blinking around and knocking people out without much effort. I did mostly nonlethal (rats accounted for most of my 'kills') and found all runes/painting and dispatched all my targets non-lethally. Still, I think it was a fun game and love the art style. Not sure if I'll play Dishonored 2 soon, but we'll see.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 03-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #22
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

What a weird, yet extremely cool, game. Yeah it's a virtual novel about Japanese high school club life where you (male protagonist) is surrounded by girls. But it's a video game that actually interacts with you, subverts expectations, and expects you to know how to poke around in your own game files. If you like meta games like ICEY and THE STANLEY PARABLE, you'll love this game.

Completely free to play, and takes ~5 hours to complete.

Let them into your heart. Unleash your inner poet! Don't leave these cute anime girls hanging.

Honestly, this is probably in my top 10 games of 2017...

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 03-17-2018, 11:49 PM   #23
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I will only play the game if the girls are crazy psychotic killers.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #24
Nem
Smash bro!

Outcast: second coming on ps4.

Difficult to say in few words, but it's best explained that it was a GOTY game back in the day and was remade with a team of about 10 people wich is amazing...
The game is in the adventure genre, wich doesn't get much love anymore, though it's basically an RPG with enphasys on exploration, puzzles and interaction with NPC's.

With that said, there was a toll to pay with low budget and a small team. The game is badly optimised, the controls are terrible, it freezes temporarely at time, animations are buggy, laughable or at times non-existant.

With proper development it had huge potencial. It is base for GOTY afterall, but it is what it is. I'm glad i finally got to see what it was all about, but it's difficult to recommend. You need alot of tolerance to alot of bugs and jank.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #25
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Did you get any of the Ultimate weapons? I read of people being stuck, but the boss lasted me two turns.

I taunted with Gully, did the blood thingy AoE heal with the masked guy, level 2 burst with Garrison and flurry i think it's called. She got cut like butter. Was too easy. I do prefer the classic final bosses that take longer.
They were all level 30. Garrisons Ultimate weapon is the easiest to get. You just need to do the collosseum. Don't think Gully's was too hard but the masked guy's one was a bit more annoying. I only got them for those 3 as they were my main party. All level 30 too, but i'm sure 28 or 29 would've been fine aswell.

Did you notice that theres 2 perk trees for every character? I only noticed half way through the game.
No I didn't. Still haven't gone back to give it another try but now I'll go for the ultimate weapons. My party is also lvl 30. I played Garrison, the chic and the masked guy. Funny how I played that game for hours and can't recall their names. Lol! Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post

No I didn't. Still haven't gone back to give it another try but now I'll go for the ultimate weapons. My party is also lvl 30. I played Garrison, the chic and the masked guy. Funny how I played that game for hours and can't recall their names. Lol! Thanks for the tip.

Got through the story mode(?) on Destiny 2. I enjoyed the game. Actually made me fire up Halo Guardians again, which turns out, I still dislike.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #27
bujeezus

Finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Fantastic game!
Old 05-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #28
spider-prime

just beat steamworld dig 2. Love these games.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #29
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

It's ok.

It's also ok.

Mostly ok.

Better than ok

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 05-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #30
Nem
Smash bro!

I beat Shadow of the Collosus PS4.

Honestly, it was a similar experience from what i remember of the original but less impressive.

Why? Because the game didn't age well.

First, they chose not to fix the controls. So the game still controls like ass all these years later. It was mediocre then, and it's awful now. Especially the damn horse. It pisses me off!
The camera is that kind of classic hell as well. You can move it, but it's constantly trying to do it's own thing making controlling the horse and looking around an impossible task.

The world doesn't feel as large as it did because now there's tons of open worlds that are bigger.
The colossus no longer feel incredible cause there's games with giant enemies and much better game play.

What holds is the aesthetics. It is still a unique game in it's special art style and it's beautiful because of that. But, this was a missed opportunity to add more colossi. The game is super short and that wouldn't be acceptable by today's standards, it needed a bit more than what it has.

In short: The game didn't age graciously and it's no longer the same groundbreaking game it was in it's inception. But, it is a classic. It's not bad, but it's not incredible either.

Last edited by Nem; 05-11-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote