The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-25-2018, 01:46 AM   #1
Rubeus

Shenmue III screenshots from Monaco Anime Game International Conferences 2018

They look like console quality, or at least not up to par to current gen games?

Click for full size

Quote:
Shenmue III MAGIC 2018 screenshots

Ys Net released four new screenshots of Shenmue III during Monaco Anime Game International Conferences (MAGIC) 2018.

Shenmue III is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC in the second half of 2018. It will be published both physically and digitally by Deep Silver.

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/shenmue-...18-screenshots
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:21 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Yeah it looks that they improved the graphics quality. I mean just look at the little girl eyes they seem to be full of bright and light unlike the previous build where she would look like her dreams and hopes have been crushed when she became victim of some undead curse or something like that.

For some reason I'm not trusting that release date.

Last edited by Hagane; 02-25-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Ernst

Looks great.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

It looks fine. The graphics are fine. What i'm worried about are animations and the gameplay itself. Is this game still slated for this year? I don't believe it can make it. The animations are getting better but still a bit rough from the leaked GDC footage.
We have seen nothing of the combat system and i think FREE is an undertaking too big for the team. I do think they will go with something more like Yakuza in style.

But, most of all, this game will be met with negativity because it can't possibly hold out to the big budget releases the predecessors got.

So, yeah... i'm worried because i really want it to go well, but i know it's not gonna.

Why couldn't SEGA just have had the Yakuza team work on it with Yu advising? At least we would know it would be a complete game. They got an engine for this sort of game already and lots of animations already developed.

Ah well... i think i'm worrying too much. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:52 AM   #5
Rubeus

This shows the game made some good progress, but not sure if it will be complete by end of the year:

Quote:
New gameplay footage recorded from MAGIC 2018’s Shenmue III appearance has been uploaded to YouTube, showing off some of the QTE action sequences that players will need to successfully execute. Furthermore, the official site has also been updated with new screenshots from the build that was shown off at the event.

Apart from showing gameplay, the footage also shows off a short sequence where Ryo plays a boxing arcade machine. Several seemingly-important story scenes are also shown off.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/25...ion-sequences/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:51 AM   #6
ellinoah

I do suppose they'll go together with something greater like Yakuza in style. however, most of all, this sport might be met with negativity as it cannot in all likelihood hold out to the large-price range releases the predecessors got. Write my Essay Now I suggest just study the little lady eyes they seem to be complete with bright and light unlike the previous build wherein she might seem like her dreams
ellinoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
Nem
Smash bro!

Yeah, that's the GDC footage that was currently released (i guess i confused GDC with gamescom) that i was talking about. It's getting better but still way too far from being a finished game.

Thinking about it... that was august of last year then. Maybe theres some hope it's not that far behind. We still haven't seen a single shred of gameplay, in particular the combat system though.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Take what I can get on this game. Im sure the next one will be immensely better.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote