The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 02-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #1
Rubeus

SNES Classic Edition Sales Hit 4 Million Units

If Nintendo continues to sell this, it can surpass Wii U's lifetime sales this year.
Click for full size

Quote:
SNES Classic Edition Sales Hit 4 Million Units

Nintendo's mini-console reaches a new global sales milestone.

Worldwide sales of Super NES Classic Edition have reached four million units.

Nintendo announced the sell-through milestone during its latest financial results briefing. This figure includes sales of the North American version, as well as the Japanese version, known as the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Famicom, and the European and Australian version, known as the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

SNES Classic Edition was in high demand when it launched in September of last year. In fact, GameStop reported its entire supply sold out "within minutes" upon release.

Read our SNES Classic Edition review for our thoughts on why the "tiny, delightfully detailed console makes it quick and easy to have an authentic '90s Nintendo experience with some of the greatest games of that era." For more on Nintendo's popular mini-console, check out how to beat Zelda: A Link to the Past in four minutes on SNES Classic.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/02/0...-million-units
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I still laugh that is more popular than it should be. What happened to all the people saying why would I pay for this when I can just download the games on roms/emulators?

Well, I see people more wanting this one compared to the NES classic since it has Star Fox 2 on it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:31 AM   #3
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Not only that, but Analogue's Super Nt is selling extremely well. Probably won't sell 4 million but it just goes to show how popular the SNES still is. I think a similar Genesis unit could do about as well but it's already been ruined without countless shitty At Games releases with shitty marketing.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I would buy the NT, but i'm too cheap lol
Old 02-22-2018, 10:45 PM   #5
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I still laugh that is more popular than it should be. What happened to all the people saying why would I pay for this when I can just download the games on roms/emulators?

Well, I see people more wanting this one compared to the NES classic since it has Star Fox 2 on it.
I get the argument, but my end I want something that is more "official". Plus, I own like 60% of the game on there so it is more nostalgia than anything.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:25 AM   #6
spider-prime

You can get most of them on the virtual console. These versions aren't any different than them. So, it's not like there aren't any official versions of these games out there.

But, if anyone really wants one and still hasn't any luck, amazon uk still has them in stock, it's the exact same one, but doesn't come with a plug like the NA version does and different look, but other than that, it's all the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE