The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Rubeus

Monster Hunter: World ships five million in three days, a series record

So now Monster Hunter is the DQ and FF killer as the top game from Japan?

Click for full size

Quote:
Monster Hunter: World ships five million in three days, a series record

Capcom seems happy

All of the work that Capcom has put into Monster Hunter: World for the past four years seems to have paid off. As announced this morning after the worldwide release of World last Friday, the single iteration has now shipped five million units worldwide, a number that in this instance includes digital sales. This is for PS4 and Xbox One, the latter of which Capcom specifies is only available in North America and Europe (Capcom also reminds us that the PC version is due this fall).

According to the publisher this is the biggest three-day series debut in its history, which to date has sold "more than 45 million units" if you include the five from World. Capcom has really been on the up and up the past few years, re-salvaging the Resident Evil series with 7 to high critical reception and great sales figures, and finally succeeding in pushing Monster Hunter in the west on a massive scale.

If Mega Man 11 does well I think a lot of people are going to change their perception of the company.

https://www.destructoid.com/monster-...d-485058.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 05:09 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Yup, the game has alot of good reviews and hype. I wasn't sure it would be a huge sucess, but it seems it is.
Their risk was worth it.

I might even give it a chance when its on the cheap side. Though honestly, i am well over hunting games.