The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
Rubeus

Cancelled Chrono Trigger Game Lives on in Final Fantasy Mobile Title

So the rumor about Chrono Break was real.

Quote:
Cancelled Chrono Trigger Game Lives on in Final Fantasy Mobile Title

The game lives on in another dimension.

Update: Originally the headline for this article referred to Chrono Break as a cancelled sequel to Chrono Trigger, but it's actually unclear as to what Chrono Break was intended to be. I reached out to the director for clarification, but in the meantime I've changed the headline so as not to be misleading or confusing. My apologies for the error.

During a recent interview with Chrono Trigger director Takashi Tokita, I asked if RPG fans will ever see another Chrono Trigger game. His answer was interesting to say the least.

"There was actually a time when I planned a new title called Chrono Break," Tokita explained via email. "Though it was canceled before accomplishing anything, the overall idea for the title was carried over to my latest game, Final Fantasy Dimensions II. Aemo’s character setting and the balance between the three characters at the beginning…these were based on the original concept [for Chrono Break] but were reworked for this title."

Chrono Break is the name of a trademark registered by Square Co. back in 2001, but the trademark was allowed to expire and the game was never made. Still, it's nice to know that it manages to live on in another dimension. Final Fantasy Dimensions II is currently available on iOS and Android.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/...l-fantasy-game
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Jacobarch02

assignment writing service

Aemo's character set and the balance of the three characters at the beginning assignment writing service. These are based on the original concept. Final Fantasy Dimension II is currently available on iOS and Android.
Jacobarch02 is offline   Reply With Quote