The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-05-2017, 04:37 AM   #1
Quasar
in human form

Talking Starting a YouTube journey

I'm not sure who still comes here from when I was a regular poster/lurker, but like some other veteran members, I'm starting my own gaming series on the good ole YT.

In my research for the games and the memories, this forum has come up a lot in my mind, so I thought I'd share with y'all what I'm doing.

Feedback is welcome, and I hope you like what I've done. The series will continue as a monthly and I'll be adding more content at some point as well.

PS, it feels good to re-visit this place after quite a while. ^_^

Nintendo Network ID: Quasar
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #2
Drunken Savior

Subbed

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
Quasar
in human form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
Subbed
Awesome! Thanks DS!

Old 09-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
be careful on what you put in titles and certain games, apparently, youtube is stopping monetization on gaming videos that have certain keywords or showing certain games, like COD with titles like KILL STREAK. The companies that have their ads up don't want to be associated with violent things, so they stop all ads from those videos.

I'll sub it up to help ya too.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
Quasar
in human form

Thanks for the heads up and for the sub! Loved your comment. ��

Old 09-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
Drunken Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
be careful on what you put in titles and certain games, apparently, youtube is stopping monetization on gaming videos that have certain keywords or showing certain games, like COD with titles like KILL STREAK. The companies that have their ads up don't want to be associated with violent things, so they stop all ads from those videos.

I'll sub it up to help ya too.
Yeah, YT seems to be in such a weird place right now. A lot of creators I know have had videos demonetized suddenly. Luckily, everything (that people watch, haha) that I have has been unaffected, but my most popular videos are Xbox One controller reviews for PC gaming, a CPU comparison, and uhhh...a stupid video of what happens when you collect all the Riddler shit in Arkham Origins (161k views, wtf).

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 11-06-2017, 04:53 AM   #7
Eureka
Eureka

It looks as if you're already doing things fairly well with regards to the videos But I'd say a lot of popular vloggers are well caught up with the importance of SEO for their content. Things like:

-title
-description
-tags
-file name

are things definitely in your control, but of course, there are other things like:

-the number of comments
-your responses to comments
-the overall number of likes

that will be much harder to govern (but come down to luck, I guess)

This'll give you an idea of YouTube SEO basics, but beyond that, it's all about creating consistent and quality videos! Depends how serious you are about being successful on YouTube
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:51 AM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They are supposed to be easing up on this now, tho. They also said that to appeal it if one gets flagged by error and they will review it.

Cause you know why... if majority of videos don't have ads... how do they get paid themselves? lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:49 AM   #9
Quasar
in human form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
It looks as if you're already doing things fairly well with regards to the videos But I'd say a lot of popular vloggers are well caught up with the importance of SEO for their content. Things like:

-title
-description
-tags
-file name

are things definitely in your control, but of course, there are other things like:

-the number of comments
-your responses to comments
-the overall number of likes

that will be much harder to govern (but come down to luck, I guess)

This'll give you an idea of YouTube SEO basics, but beyond that, it's all about creating consistent and quality videos! Depends how serious you are about being successful on YouTube
Thanks for the info! I've been trying to keep an eye on these things, but as you say, my main focus is consistency and quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
They are supposed to be easing up on this now, tho. They also said that to appeal it if one gets flagged by error and they will review it.

Cause you know why... if majority of videos don't have ads... how do they get paid themselves? lol
Yea it's been interesting watching them make changes and respond to community feedback (i.e. outrage).

Old 11-06-2017, 07:06 AM   #10
Drunken Savior

One thing I wanted to suggest is to keep your intros short, like much shorter than what you got. I know that when I browse videos, if I click on a video from someone I've never heard of and it's got a long intro, I'm instantly turned off. I can't really quantify what is short...but if I was gonna make an intro, it'd be under 20 seconds....way way under 20 seconds.

But I enjoyed watching your MMX video.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 11-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
Quasar
in human form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
One thing I wanted to suggest is to keep your intros short, like much shorter than what you got. I know that when I browse videos, if I click on a video from someone I've never heard of and it's got a long intro, I'm instantly turned off. I can't really quantify what is short...but if I was gonna make an intro, it'd be under 20 seconds....way way under 20 seconds.

But I enjoyed watching your MMX video.
Yea, that first episode intro (though relevant) was way too long. �� I learned quick for the following episodes. Thanks! ��

If anyone is curious, I'm doing Beyond Good & Evil next.